Certified evidence of investment...

Old May 2nd 2003, 10:51 am
jsg
Forum Regular

jsg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certified evidence of investment...

We have just been asked to make the A$100,000 investment to get 5 bonus points for skilled migration. The letter from DIMIA says that we have to send the form 1134 to the State or Territory agency with the investment, and we have to send DIMIA in Adelaide "certified evidence" that we have sent the form to the "relevant authority".

Does anybody know what they mean by certified evidence? I guess it could just mean a certificate of posting.

Thanks.
Old May 2nd 2003, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi there

We are in the same position having only yesterday lodged the big $100,000 which we foolishly did thru our bank as I have since learn't that we may have got a better deal thru the Common Wealth Bank re exchange rates etc.

Anyway I noted that Part 3 of form 1134 said that "...this form will be completed by state /territory agency in which you have made your investment. They will return the form to the office processing your application as evidence of your Designated Security".

You've probably seen this yourselves. We really have no evidence insofar as I can see. The only thing I can suggest is to ask the treasury to fax confirmation that they have received the forms - what else is there?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, perhaps someone out there might enlighten us?

Cheers
Old May 2nd 2003, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Letter from the bank confirming the transfer maybe? Not sure if this would cost you or not or if its possible or not. Or I could just be talking nonesense!!

Good luck anyway
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: Certified evidence of investment...

Originally posted by jsg
We have just been asked to make the A$100,000 investment to get 5 bonus points for skilled migration. The letter from DIMIA says that we have to send the form 1134 to the State or Territory agency with the investment, and we have to send DIMIA in Adelaide "certified evidence" that we have sent the form to the "relevant authority".
Does anybody know what they mean by certified evidence? I guess it could just mean a certificate of posting.
Thanks.

Hi guys,
We invested the dosh back in Jan this year and within 3 weeks we were granted the visa.(After nearly 2 Years)
The Bond certificate arrived about 1 month later

From the phone conversations I can remember with our case officer, the certified evidence is reqd for the migration regulation
time limit of 49 days to prove that you have at least forwarded the form even if you haven't had chance to put the dosh in yet.

Thanks to this and other forums, we knew at least 1 year in advance about the 49 days time limit, so we had the remortgage loan ready and waiting to activate when we recieved the letter from adelaide. As I said above, within 3 weeks of investing the money we were granted the visa, so you can see they dont take long to send the form back to adelaide.

Hope this helps- were down to the cacking bricks stage now as we fly out on the 27th may!!!

CUL8TR

Dave & Yve
Old May 3rd 2003, 11:49 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified evidence of investment...

- Take a copy of the form 1134 that you are sending to the State/Territory Treasury - and have it certified as a true copy.

- Send the form to the State/Territory Treasury by International Recorded Delivery - and obtain a certified copy of the slip given to you by the post office.

- Send the certified copy documents to the Skilled Processing Centre.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by jsg

Thanks.