CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS FOR TEACHING AUSTRALIA

Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice
Default CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS FOR TEACHING AUSTRALIA

Hi Guys

Sorry for repeating what is probably a frequently asked question! I need to get loads of documents certified for my skills assessment with Teaching Australia. The quotes I have had so far are all £120 and above.

Can I get this done cheaper??!!! Any advice greatly received.

Thanks

Flan
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

confuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really nice
Default Re: CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS FOR TEACHING AUSTRALIA

Originally Posted by Flan
Hi Guys

Sorry for repeating what is probably a frequently asked question! I need to get loads of documents certified for my skills assessment with Teaching Australia. The quotes I have had so far are all £120 and above.

Can I get this done cheaper??!!! Any advice greatly received.

Thanks

Flan
You havent told us who you have gotten that quote from so i am not sure what avenues you have tried but....

OK so according to the teaching australia website the person certifying has to be:

*officers approved by the authorities in your country authorised to provide notarial services. This may be a Notary Public or a solicitor.

So have you tried
http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/

also try your local court or one in the next town (the prices vary greatly!!)
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice

Sorry for the lack of details!! I have already looked on the website you provided the link for and e-mailed all the Notaries in my area, it is them that are quoting prices of £120+

Is it ok to use an ordinary solicitor? I have been told that for documents to be used overseas they have to be certified by a Notary, whereas a document that is being used in the UK i.e Australia House in London, can be certified by a solicitor at a much cheaper cost. I'm not sure if this is the case or not?

However, seeing as "Teaching Australia' is based in Oz I wanted to check if anyone else had used anyone other than a Notary for this purpose?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

confuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really nice

Originally Posted by Flan
Sorry for the lack of details!! I have already looked on the website you provided the link for and e-mailed all the Notaries in my area, it is them that are quoting prices of £120+

Is it ok to use an ordinary solicitor? I have been told that for documents to be used overseas they have to be certified by a Notary, whereas a document that is being used in the UK i.e Australia House in London, can be certified by a solicitor at a much cheaper cost. I'm not sure if this is the case or not?

However, seeing as "Teaching Australia' is based in Oz I wanted to check if anyone else had used anyone other than a Notary for this purpose?
that part i quoted came directly from the teaching australia website, it says notary or solicitor.

My OH got his signed in the UK at a solicitors
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Perfect! Thank you for your help. I'm sure that will be cheaper than a Notary - phew!

Thanks again
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:35 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Did just this - got my solicitor to do loads of copies - charged me 10p per copy (had loads of each thing done) + £10 fee. Bargain!