Certified documents

Old Aug 4th 2004, 11:35 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Certified documents

Can a Policeman, for example, a superintendant, certify documents for TRA?

Thanks

Rob
Old Aug 4th 2004, 12:16 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certified documents

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone

Thanks

Rob
Hi Rob

I dont think so, I think it has to be a solicitor, GP or something like that.

Which is annoying as good friend of ours is in the police which would have made things a lot easier!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 12:39 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

mmy next door neighbour is in the force. Think he is something like a detective inspector. he is pretty high up anyway

Originally posted by bridiej
Hi Rob

I dont think so, I think it has to be a solicitor, GP or something like that.

Which is annoying as good friend of ours is in the police which would have made things a lot easier!
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

mmy next door neighbour is in the force. Think he is something like a detective inspector. he is pretty high up anyway
Rob
DIMIAs official statement is this:

"Photo copies of original documents must be certified by a Justice of Peace, Commissioner of Declarations or a person before whom a statutory declaration may be made under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959."

I know from experience that Consultant Surgeons do not qualify for example.

Don't take a chance. Get anything you need, certified by a solicitor

Regards
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:26 pm

Originally posted by Stewie
Rob
DIMIAs official statement is this:

"Photo copies of original documents must be certified by a Justice of Peace, Commissioner of Declarations or a person before whom a statutory declaration may be made under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959."

I know from experience that Consultant Surgeons do not qualify for example.

Don't take a chance. Get anything you need, certified by a solicitor

Regards

My mistake, I have just double checked the Migration Booklet and it does say that those outside Oz have to have certified by person or agency recognised by the law (e.g. solicitor) BUT those in Australia can get signed by magistrate, JP, commissioner for declarations, commissioner for affidavits, solicitor, registered medical practitioner, bank manager, postal manager or Australian public service officer with 5 or more years service.

Sorry, I think it's just I've read SO much information my brain has overloaded!!

Probably best just to take to a solicitors...
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:04 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Tanks bridiej

Think that as i have to do some stat decs, i will go down the Magistrates court to do the deeds. I can't go wrong then

Rob

Originally posted by bridiej
My mistake, I have just double checked the Migration Booklet and it does say that those outside Oz have to have certified by person or agency recognised by the law (e.g. solicitor) BUT those in Australia can get signed by magistrate, JP, commissioner for declarations, commissioner for affidavits, solicitor, registered medical practitioner, bank manager, postal manager or Australian public service officer with 5 or more years service.

Sorry, I think it's just I've read SO much information my brain has overloaded!!

Probably best just to take to a solicitors...
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:05 pm

Tanks bridiej

Think that as i have to do some stat decs, i will go down the Magistrates court to do the deeds. I can't go wrong then

Rob
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Tanks bridiej

Rob

Hi Rob
when we were getting our docs done for the TRA we lookedinto who could sign them.
Luckily for us a friend at work has a sister who is a JP. It was a bonus as well as a JP can't charge either.
We did have to get a stat dec done which she wasn't too keen to do so we did get that done at a solicitors as one of my ex managers had to do the sta dec. It only cost us £5. Again it was a bonus as we had been quoted up to £30 by others.

We did get in touch with the local magistrates court and could have had them all done for £8. Who have to make an appointment but it's alot cheaper than having to get it done by a solicitor.

Graham
Old Aug 4th 2004, 2:40 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Thanks Graham.

I appreciate your input

Rob

Originally posted by Gravyman
Hi Rob
when we were getting our docs done for the TRA we lookedinto who could sign them.
Luckily for us a friend at work has a sister who is a JP. It was a bonus as well as a JP can't charge either.
We did have to get a stat dec done which she wasn't too keen to do so we did get that done at a solicitors as one of my ex managers had to do the sta dec. It only cost us £5. Again it was a bonus as we had been quoted up to £30 by others.

We did get in touch with the local magistrates court and could have had them all done for £8. Who have to make an appointment but it's alot cheaper than having to get it done by a solicitor.

Graham
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Gravyman

Graham
Rob

I think the cost can depend on the court. Mine wanted to charge £8 per page for certified copies of documents, compared to £5 from solicitors (negotiable in bulk) plus my magistrates said I would have to book an appointment and there wasn't one available for at least 3 weeks!

From what I found with getting certified copies done it's worth phoning around.

HTH
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by spottydog
Rob

I think the cost can depend on the court. Mine wanted to charge £8 per page for certified copies of documents, compared to £5 from solicitors (negotiable in bulk) plus my magistrates said I would have to book an appointment and there wasn't one available for at least 3 weeks!

From what I found with getting certified copies done it's worth phoning around.

HTH
Hi HTH
I agree it is worth ringing round and get as many quotes as you can.
One solicitor wanted to charge me £30 for a stat dec.
Although I did get one down to £1 per photocopy which still would have worked out expensive.
Our local magistrates court in Peterborough was going to charge us £8 for the whole lot not per document and I could have gone the next day.

Graham
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

i think you'll find that there is a big difference between asking for a stat dec and asking for a certified copy!
One solicitor wanted to charge me £5 a copy for all my TRA documentation. I had 45 sheets!!!!!!!!! It was only after I had explained that I didn't want any stat decs and that all he was doing was verifying that he had seen the original of my documentation and stamped the copy that I got it all done for £40.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Rob

I know you have an agent. Can they not sign, ours has. And also I have read threads on here before for people to take them to their local police station who will do them free of charge. Please check it our first though with you agent.

Cheers Jo

PS Have read most of your threads and I know you are having a really tough time so I hope things pan out in the long run.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:04 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Just had an e-mail from TRA as i asked the question if a police officer is able to certify documents.

The reply was YES!

Not too sure about the stat decs but have sent an e-mail to ask.

It may be the case that certifying documents for the visa application may have to be done by either a JP, magistrate, solicitor etc but will try and find out

Regards

Rob

Thanks

Rob
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:28 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks

Rob
In a word no. It has to be made by a lawyer, we looked into this when we were doing our "Statutory Declaration", it also has to be a qualified solicitor, a trainee can't do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.