Certified Copy of passport for meds

Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

velma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura about
Default Certified Copy of passport for meds

Hi

I have sent my original passport off and won't receive it back for the next 4 weeks. I want to get my medicals done sooner rather than later.

Question is can I do my medicals with a certified copy of my passport and if so, will the immigration authority look at my meds less favorably for some reason?

Called the medical place they were fine with it, called the chest x ray place they were funny about it and said they would only tick the not seen passport box.....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:42 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified Copy of passport for meds

I was told I had to have my passport - a certified copy would not do. Maybe it's different in different places. It may cause a delay as they may wnat to verify that the person who did the medical assessment is the applicant.

As I'm sure you're aware this process could be open to abuse - people taking the place of a sick relative/friend.

Hoep it works out for you.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I had to have the original passport - in fact hubby had to race home and bring it back - only an hour and a half round trip If you phone the doctor where you're planning on having the med and ask them. As Tking said maybe they each run to their own rules.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

velma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura about

On the form there is a box that says that the doctor has seen the original version OR has seen some other form of identity, which presumably would be ticked in my case. Hmmm - wonder if it would cause delay when being processed. Maybe am better to wait till have passport back.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Hi
I arrived for my medicals and had left the passports at home in the scanner. Doctors refused to do my medicals even though I had a copy. Had to drive back home to get passports to before I could have blood tests done.
It was that or I had to wait for another appointment.
IMO I would have everything inc the kitchen sink