Certified copies

Old May 11th 2005, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Certified copies

Hi folks, regarding copies of birth certificates, acadamic transcript and suchlike. Is a photocopy of the original document acceptable. I understand it has to be verified by a Solicitor.
Old May 11th 2005, 3:12 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certified copies

A photocopy is fine but you need to take the copy and the original to a solicitor (or JP) and they will stamp / write on it "I certify this is a true copy of the original" and sign for it.
Old May 11th 2005, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bridiej
A photocopy is fine but you need to take the copy and the original to a solicitor (or JP) and they will stamp / write on it "I certify this is a true copy of the original" and sign for it.
Yeah and charge a fortune no doubt.
Old May 11th 2005, 3:35 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Our solicitor did it free (well, for a bottle of Smirnoff!) as she's a friend!

JPs have to do it free, solicitors do charge but I understand it varies so good idea to ring round a few (unless you know any of course!)
Old May 11th 2005, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Norbertvincent is an unknown quantity at this point

JPs have to do it free, solicitors do charge but I understand it varies so good idea to ring round a few (unless you know any of course!)
I am working in Saudi and I need to sent certified copies of passport.

How to get certified copies in Saudi Arabia?

Help appreciated.

Regards,

Norbert
Old May 11th 2005, 3:55 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Certified copies

The JP's do it for free and I posted this on a previous thread (wish I had known this sooner) that in out town we have a Citizens Advice Bereau and JP's visit it twice a week. Had we known we could have made an appointment to see them in our own town. Instead we had to go to Reading Magistrates Court (after booking a time and date) and done it there for free.

Very amusing watching the wife in the dock ! ! !

R.
Old May 11th 2005, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
Hi folks, regarding copies of birth certificates, acadamic transcript and suchlike. Is a photocopy of the original document acceptable. I understand it has to be verified by a Solicitor.
We had 70 copies certified at our local Magistrate's court for £8 total. They had a stamp which said 'I certify this is a true copy' - we stamped up everything in advance, then 2 JP's sat for half an hour and witnessed everything.

I had 3 more done at a solicitor for a fiver - they had quoted £5 per copy a few weeks previous. Just phone around, it varies greatly!