Certification for TRA

Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Certification for TRA

Hya,
I've just been told by my JP secretary that it will cost 8 flipin £s each document!!!! ive got 84!!!

I have tried to search this but i cant find anything - Can a legal Executive at a solicitors sign them?? He signed out wedding stuff!

If not anyone know anyone who can do it for a rreasonableprice in Derby?

Ta, Sam
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:40 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification for TRA

Originally Posted by sammyg
Hya,
I've just been told by my JP secretary that it will cost 8 flipin £s each document!!!! ive got 84!!!

I have tried to search this but i cant find anything - Can a legal Executive at a solicitors sign them?? He signed out wedding stuff!

Ta, Sam

Have you got another magistrates nearby? I live near two, one in Walsall charges £8 per document, one in Sutton Coldfield charges £8 for the lot!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

aah!! Sutton Coldfield isnt far from us, can i use another city?! wont matter will it? i'm off work next week so i can easily get there.

Ta, Kath 'n' Dale
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:53 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

aah!! Sutton Coldfield isnt far from us, can i use another city?! wont matter will it? i'm off work next week so i can easily get there.

Ta, Kath 'n' Dale
Yes I should think you can, can't see why not! You have to phone them and book an appointment. I didn't even need to see the Justice of the Peace, just sat in reception and the receptionist took the documents off to be signed. We had loads as well as we had 3 copies of each.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:54 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Ring round a few local solicitors, tell them how many docs you have and ask for a total price.
Pick the cheapest as they will all do the same thing anyway
Good luck with your TRA
Cal
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

woohoo!! Thanks, ive got an appointment on wednesday 9.30 - £8 the lot!!
at Sutton Coldfield

Did you have to use a stamp first or did they have the whole shabang?!
Thanks Kath 'n' Dale and everyone else, i'll keep you informed to how i get on

Sam
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:10 am

woohoo!! Thanks, ive got an appointment on wednesday 9.30 - £8 the lot!!
at Sutton Coldfield

Did you have to use a stamp first or did they have the whole shabang?!
Thanks Kath 'n' Dale and everyone else, i'll keep you informed to how i get on

Sam
Give me 10 minutes Sam and I'll go and dig them out to see what they did
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Clippies
Give me 10 minutes Sam and I'll go and dig them out to see what they did
Found them. Right they stamped each page and it said I hereby certify that this is a true copy of the original then there's a space underneath which they sign and under that it says Justice of the Peace Sutton Coldfield Magistrates Court. There were several JP's signing them as there are different signatures.

Make sure you do 3 copies of everything as you have to send a certified copy of your TRA application in with your Visa application and you may need a further copy for when you are in Australia. Don't forget to photocopy the actual application form as well.

Then I had one of those leather zip up folder things and I put the original document with the 3 copies paperclipped behind it - that way they could just look at the original front one and stamp the copies attached. Just makes it quicker and easier for them. Oh here's another tip - get there early, it's an absolute nightmare to park around there and you will probably be better parking in Sutton and walking up to the Court, it's only about a 5 minute walk. I had to be there for 10 and after dropping my son at school at 9 I only go there with minutes to spare after struggling to park by the court! I only live 10 minutes away!

Good luck
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:21 am

Oh forgot to say, where they sign it they don't print their name so I just sent an extra piece of paper off with the TRA showing the name address and telephone number of Sutton Magistrates. I can't remember whether I listed the JP's names on it but I don't think I did
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:27 am
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of

Hya,

Ta, Sam
Hi Sam,
JP's are only allowed to charge £8 for the lot (thats what we were told)
Although when I went and got them all done (around 90 pgs) they didn't charge me a thing!
Kate
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by lewandkate
Hi Sam,
JP's are only allowed to charge £8 for the lot (thats what we were told)
Although when I went and got them all done (around 90 pgs) they didn't charge me a thing!
Kate
Yes I was told that too but I know that a lot of people are quoted £8 per document, so it's always best to try another one if that happens.

Although when I wanted to have our passports certified they were going to charge me £24 - when I said but last time I had 100 done for £8 she said that was because they were all one name so technically one job whereas the passports were 3 different names so 3 different charges. Which I guess makes sense

The charge they make is just an administration charge, they're not allowed to charge for their time. Hooray for us Shame for them
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hya,

Ta, Sam

Hello Sam,

This is what the TRA website say's about certifying documents:

Certifying person. Your country has suitably qualified people who are able to witness your signature on a legal document, e.g. lawyer, doctor, policeman, school teacher.

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...ms.htm#Certify
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

OMG!!! it says on TRA site a school teacher can certify. I work in a nursery school next to an infant school with 6 teachers! DOOO!!!!

I cant believe i'd never seen that before, i thought i'd been really thorough!
What a whally!

Thank you Kath n Dale, i will still be using that JP, if and when we apply for Visa.

Thanks Wendy and everyonre else who has helped me.

Sam
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:42 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!! it says on TRA site a school teacher can certify. I work in a nursery school next to an infant school with 6 teachers! DOOO!!!!

What a whally!

Thank you Kath n Dale, i will still be using that JP, if and when we apply for Visa.

Sam
My mrs best mates hubby did our hes a police office it cost me 4 bottled of beer
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:09 pm

What a whally!

Sam

That's brilliant Sam I didn't know teachers could do it = great if you can get it done for free

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.