Certification of documents

Old May 12th 2011, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Craigh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certification of documents

Hi please can anyone tell me where I find out who can certify documents?
Many thanks
Old May 12th 2011, 7:06 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification of documents

Originally Posted by Craigh
Many thanks
We had a solicitor certify ours. You can get a notary to do them too but they were a lot more expensive when we enquired (they quoted over £600). At a local solicitors, ours cost about £20 for all of our documents to be certified.
Old May 12th 2011, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

3Pirrets2Oz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Craigh
Many thanks
If you phone a local JP court they usually are happy to certify for nothing

Maybe take round a box of biscuts
Old May 12th 2011, 8:04 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3Pirrets2Oz
If you phone a local JP court they usually are happy to certify for nothing

Maybe take round a box of biscuts
I wish I'd thought of that! Would have saved me £20! That'd have bought an awful lot of biscuits!
Old May 12th 2011, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Craigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Great thanks for your help!
Old May 12th 2011, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I wish I'd thought of that! Would have saved me £20! That'd have bought an awful lot of biscuits!
Great wee saving we got

Also found a solicitor who told me to drop the docs in and he would do it for nothing - think i got him on a good day! Solicitor 2 doors down wanted 42 quid per document - we had about 20 items +

Also took a few bottles of wine to hand over with the biscuits - JP was unable to accept it - needless to say i toasted my savings that evening
Old May 12th 2011, 8:11 pm

Great wee saving we got

Also found a solicitor who told me to drop the docs in and he would do it for nothing - think i got him on a good day! Solicitor 2 doors down wanted 42 quid per document - we had about 20 items +

Also took a few bottles of wine to hand over with the biscuits - JP was unable to accept it - needless to say i toasted my savings that evening
A nice result!
Old May 12th 2011, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all

Also found a solicitor who told me to drop the docs in and he would do it for nothing
Are you sure you didn't actually dream that?!
Old May 12th 2011, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andy_P
Are you sure you didn't actually dream that?!
haha! Yeah i know - i was gob smacked

After i explained how many documents i needed certified his words were

"I wouldn't normally charge to certify, but it's normally just a few documents"

...then he said...

"why break a habit of a life time - just bring the originals in one folder and the photocopies in another, leave then with my receptionist and we'll call you later in the day when they are done for collection"

Was the only solicitor i spoke to that wasn't all hoity toity if you know what i mean
Old May 13th 2011, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all

Was the only solicitor i spoke to that wasn't all hoity toity if you know what i mean
Oh yes, I know what you mean. The solicitor I used gave me the impression that he was far too important to do such a menial task like stamp/sign some documents.

It really grated handing over the cash!