Centrelink Help!!!!!!

Old Mar 7th 2005, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Centrelink Help!!!!!!

Can anyone tell us if we can contact centrelink. They dont seem to know what they are going.
Our aos sent all his paperwork in with our main application to dima. Then in jan he contacted centrelink only to find out they didnt have him on record. So he took all the paperwork down to centrelink again. As we are only waiting for the aos to get our visas granted our case offficer told us to contact our aos to find out how far they have got with our aos. only to find out they still dont have him on record. What are they playing at !!!!!!
Once again out aos give centrelink all the paperwork they asked for and they then faxed to sydney. Can i contact them? if so has anyone got the number

Im going mad as we have sold our house and have to be out 18 april. Does anyone know how long it takes?

ANY HELP OR ADVICE PLEASE
ROSE AND JOHN
Old Mar 7th 2005, 3:22 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Centrelink Help!!!!!!

Originally Posted by stressed out
Can anyone tell us if we can contact centrelink. They dont seem to know what they are going.
Our aos sent all his paperwork in with our main application to dima. Then in jan he contacted centrelink only to find out they didnt have him on record. So he took all the paperwork down to centrelink again. As we are only waiting for the aos to get our visas granted our case offficer told us to contact our aos to find out how far they have got with our aos. only to find out they still dont have him on record. What are they playing at !!!!!!
Once again out aos give centrelink all the paperwork they asked for and they then faxed to sydney. Can i contact them? if so has anyone got the number

Im going mad as we have sold our house and have to be out 18 april. Does anyone know how long it takes?

ANY HELP OR ADVICE PLEASE
ROSE AND JOHN
I don`t think anyone in centrelink know what they are doing.
My brother has now had two appointments the 1st one was in Nov, 2nd one end of Jan,he had to take all the forms with him when he had the appointment,and is still waiting for another one, centrelink have changed there mind with what has been required from him to take in (tax forms out of date because centrelink took long with appointment, proof of when he went in the country on his original visa)and we are hoping that this is the final appointment !!!!!! Yeah right...
We sent our visa application in July, medicals August and the hold up in all this has been Centrelink.

So good luck, answer to your question phone up it can`t hurt but will cost you are fortune if you are still being given the run around.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pauline
I don`t think anyone in centrelink know what they are doing.
My brother has now had two appointments the 1st one was in Nov, 2nd one end of Jan,he had to take all the forms with him when he had the appointment,and is still waiting for another one, centrelink have changed there mind with what has been required from him to take in (tax forms out of date because centrelink took long with appointment, proof of when he went in the country on his original visa)and we are hoping that this is the final appointment !!!!!! Yeah right...
We sent our visa application in July, medicals August and the hold up in all this has been Centrelink.

So good luck, answer to your question phone up it can`t hurt but will cost you are fortune if you are still being given the run around.
Hi pauline we are pre-july and the wait has been hell I'm going to ring centerlink later tonight. Failing that I'm going to contact my case officer.
Rose
Old Mar 7th 2005, 9:21 pm
Kmun

stressed out <member32661@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > Can anyone tell us if we can contact centrelink. They dont seem to
    > know what they are going.
    > Our aos sent all his paperwork in with our main application to dima.
    > Then in jan he contacted centrelink only to find out they didnt have
    > him on record. So he took all the paperwork down to centrelink again.
    > As we are only waiting for the aos to get our visas granted our case
    > offficer told us to contact our aos to find out how far they have
    > got with our aos. only to find out they still dont have him on record.
    > What are they playing at !!!!!!
    > Once again out aos give centrelink all the paperwork they asked for and
    > they then faxed to sydney. Can i contact them? if so has anyone got
    > the number
    >
    > Im going mad as we have sold our house and have to be out 18 april.
    > Does anyone know how long it takes?
    >
    > ANY HELP OR ADVICE PLEASE
    > ROSE AND JOHN

Hi ,

hope this link helps :
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...t_us/index.htm

Nick

Old Mar 8th 2005, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

alwin328 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kmun
stressed out <member32661@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > Can anyone tell us if we can contact centrelink. They dont seem to
    > know what they are going.
    > Our aos sent all his paperwork in with our main application to dima.
    > Then in jan he contacted centrelink only to find out they didnt have
    > him on record. So he took all the paperwork down to centrelink again.
    > As we are only waiting for the aos to get our visas granted our case
    > offficer told us to contact our aos to find out how far they have
    > got with our aos. only to find out they still dont have him on record.
    > What are they playing at !!!!!!
    > Once again out aos give centrelink all the paperwork they asked for and
    > they then faxed to sydney. Can i contact them? if so has anyone got
    > the number
    >
    > Im going mad as we have sold our house and have to be out 18 april.
    > Does anyone know how long it takes?
    >
    > ANY HELP OR ADVICE PLEASE
    > ROSE AND JOHN

Hi ,

hope this link helps :
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...t_us/index.htm

Nick
Hello...

My case is the worst. My assurer earns above AUS $ 70,000 but the AOS was rejected on Jan. 31st, my Assurer appealed for review however DIMIA asked for a new assurer. Hope that Centrelink will reconsider the AOS.
Still no news... He faxed all the docs. to sydney... My assurer went to Brisbane office and came to know that the file is in sydney .... and the Centrelink Officer faxed the tax returns to sydney...

1. Does all c'link office process the AOS ?

2. Can i look ahead to a positive outcome on my AOS ?

3. Why is this delay & mistake from C'link ?

Stressed out - ur notes say that ur papers were faxed to sydeny.. Where did u submit ur AOS appl;ication

Thx
Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alwin328
Hello...

My case is the worst. My assurer earns above AUS $ 70,000 but the AOS was rejected on Jan. 31st, my Assurer appealed for review however DIMIA asked for a new assurer. Hope that Centrelink will reconsider the AOS.
Still no news... He faxed all the docs. to sydney... My assurer went to Brisbane office and came to know that the file is in sydney .... and the Centrelink Officer faxed the tax returns to sydney...

1. Does all c'link office process the AOS ?

2. Can i look ahead to a positive outcome on my AOS ?

3. Why is this delay & mistake from C'link ?

Stressed out - ur notes say that ur papers were faxed to sydeny.. Where did u submit ur AOS appl;ication

Thx
Any help ppppllz...
Old Mar 8th 2005, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

HelpMePlease is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Centrelink Help!!!!!!

May I ask what reasons you think Centrelink might have for declining your Assurance of Support? It seems really odd if he earns above 70, 000 dollars!

Have you relied much on centrelink assistance yourself in the past? Could this ever be a reason for someone being rejected?...Thanks...
Old Mar 9th 2005, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HelpMePlease
May I ask what reasons you think Centrelink might have for declining your Assurance of Support? It seems really odd if he earns above 70, 000 dollars!

Have you relied much on centrelink assistance yourself in the past? Could this ever be a reason for someone being rejected?...Thanks...
Hey...

Thanks for your reply.

The reason was the delay in submitting the docs., but there was no intimation from C'link to submit any docs. Even my assurer gave his tax returns as requested and this was the only doc. requested by C'link. What about your case ? I think this was due to oversight from the part Of C'link...

Please do advcie on my querries above ..

thx
Old Mar 9th 2005, 5:44 am
sidhu

sidhu is an unknown quantity at this point

hi alwin,
are you from india. mine asuurer lodged bond last week. how much long should i wait to get visa. in your case i think you should look for new assurer or there can be much delay. does anybody know expected time after lodging bond.
cheers
sidhu
Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:20 am
Just Joined

HelpMePlease is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry. I wish I could help you with this area.

We've not yet lodged the Assurance of Support with Centrelink, and your case has made me a little apprehensive because the Assurer (a relative of mine) earns 60,000 a year before tax.

I'm beginning to worry that this won't be accepted.

It seems strange doesn't it? I mean, the cut-off is meant to be 32,000 dollars or so yet clearly some Assurers with incomes way above this are being knocked back. Strange! Maybe they take into account mortgages/loans etc that are being paid off as well as how much property the Assurer has.

Anyway, try not to stress too much. I'm sure things will smooth out for you. I'm afraid I can't be much help in this area.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HelpMePlease
I'm sorry. I wish I could help you with this area.

We've not yet lodged the Assurance of Support with Centrelink, and your case has made me a little apprehensive because the Assurer (a relative of mine) earns 60,000 a year before tax.

I'm beginning to worry that this won't be accepted.

It seems strange doesn't it? I mean, the cut-off is meant to be 32,000 dollars or so yet clearly some Assurers with incomes way above this are being knocked back. Strange! Maybe they take into account mortgages/loans etc that are being paid off as well as how much property the Assurer has.

Anyway, try not to stress too much. I'm sure things will smooth out for you. I'm afraid I can't be much help in this area.

HEllo Sidhu...

Was assurer requsted to submit the bond immediately after the Centrelink Interview ? Do they issue any letter asking to lodge the bond, If so, what is the subject matter on oit ?

please let me infromed ..

thx ..
Old Mar 9th 2005, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alwin328
HEllo Sidhu...

Was assurer requsted to submit the bond immediately after the Centrelink Interview ? Do they issue any letter asking to lodge the bond, If so, what is the subject matter on oit ?

please let me infromed ..

thx ..
If you do searches for AOS there is lots of information on the site of people who have been through the process. Unfortunatley no-one knows why centrelink take so long, why the refuse some, and each has their own process. No-one will be able to give you clear answers to any of your questions as there seems to be no set rules, only what happened to them. Do a search and look at all the different stories, none are the same.

Jo
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:46 am
sidhu

sidhu is an unknown quantity at this point

hi alwin,
in my case DIMIA sent my assurer forms to centrelink anbd then they asked my assurer to send some tax return copies and after that there was no interview and was asked to lodge bond which he did it within 14 days period given by them. after bond was lodged they send the information to DIMIA within 4-5 days.
Whats current situation in ur case are you looking for another assurer. and does anybody have idea how long it takes after bond is lodged to get visa for a region 2 applicant
cheers
sidhu