Centrelink

Old Jan 13th 2005, 8:07 am
Just Joined

GottaGetToOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Centrelink

My assurer just paid the bond today - he thinks it'll be a matter of weeks before we get formal approval (after talking with someone official), but my agent says it could be 2-3 months. As far as I know he hasn't had an interview.

Anyone shed any light on what the process is - have searched the forum, but can't get a clear picture.

PS. My agent is crap, but I'm not going to say who they are until I get my visa...
Old Jan 13th 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

VanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Centrelink

Hie there,

Well, if your assurer had lodge the bond, then you're a step closer in getting your visa. Centrelink will get back to DIMIA. After verifying everything, DIMIA will send the grant letter to you if you're successful.

For the timeline, it varies. You can check out www.austimeline.com
It will give you a rough idea on when you will get your visa.
Hope this helps.

Rgds,
Van

Originally Posted by GottaGetToOz
My assurer just paid the bond today - he thinks it'll be a matter of weeks before we get formal approval (after talking with someone official), but my agent says it could be 2-3 months. As far as I know he hasn't had an interview.

Anyone shed any light on what the process is - have searched the forum, but can't get a clear picture.

PS. My agent is crap, but I'm not going to say who they are until I get my visa...
Old Jan 13th 2005, 8:32 am
Just Joined

GottaGetToOz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VanTheMan
Hie there,

Well, if your assurer had lodge the bond, then you're a step closer in getting your visa. Centrelink will get back to DIMIA. After verifying everything, DIMIA will send the grant letter to you if you're successful.

For the timeline, it varies. You can check out www.austimeline.com
It will give you a rough idea on when you will get your visa.
Hope this helps.

Rgds,
Van
Does it make sense that he hasn't had an interview though?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

VanTheMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Your assurer needs to arrange an interview session with Centrelink. After the interview, they will ask your assurer to lodge the bond.

You better call up your assurer and ask him directly on what's happening.

Rgds,
Van

Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

step1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VanTheMan
Your assurer needs to arrange an interview session with Centrelink. After the interview, they will ask your assurer to lodge the bond.

You better call up your assurer and ask him directly on what's happening.

Rgds,
Van
I think, assurors of pre-july applicants don't have to attend an interview. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:24 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

He shouldn't have lodged the bond without the interview, check with him as a matter of urgency. All the assurance paperwork has to go through Centrelink. Your assuror will need to take all his financial stuff, have the interviere, then lodge the bond. He will then get a letter a week later so say that his has been approved as your assuror, the paperwork will be sent back to DIMIA and your visa finalised. My Father-In-Law loged our bond in November and we still haven't been granted our visa, so your agent is right, it can take up to 3 months (we have been waiting 2 months).

Regards

Lucy

My agent is also crap, and a patronising shite when I ask him what's going on, all I get is a standard email saying "another few weeks". That's about as much use as tits on a fish!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:32 am
Just Joined

GRADERMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Centrelink

Hi, get to oz it is ok centre link cancelled my appointment said they would fix it with the paper work on their desk, and send out a letter for me to post bond next week. stop panicking all will be fixed.