CBOK Help Advice anything!!!

Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:29 am
Just Joined

dazzaandfi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CBOK Help Advice anything!!!

Hi,

I'm a senior applications analyst in Oracle and have been in IT for 10 years. I'm 40 years old and want to immigrate to OZ. My wife has all but 2 of her family living there and the pull to change our lives is very strong.

I'm just starting to fill out my CBOK on the RPL application form and to be honest getting nowhere fast. I've been sent a few examples (I mean few about 2) of individuals who have been through this already and were successful but the format of how they describe the CBOK categories are sooooooooooooo different!!

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to share their SUCESSFUL RPL application with me for IT so I can see the format that was used and how much detail you went into? Some look like they've just copied extracts from a text book with NO description of how the CBOK category fits in with their work experience and they got through. How can that be?

Many thanks
Daren:curse:
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CBOK Help Advice anything!!!

Originally Posted by dazzaandfi
Hi,

I'm a senior applications analyst in Oracle and have been in IT for 10 years. I'm 40 years old and want to immigrate to OZ. My wife has all but 2 of her family living there and the pull to change our lives is very strong.

I'm just starting to fill out my CBOK on the RPL application form and to be honest getting nowhere fast. I've been sent a few examples (I mean few about 2) of individuals who have been through this already and were successful but the format of how they describe the CBOK categories are sooooooooooooo different!!

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to share their SUCESSFUL RPL application with me for IT so I can see the format that was used and how much detail you went into? Some look like they've just copied extracts from a text book with NO description of how the CBOK category fits in with their work experience and they got through. How can that be?

Many thanks
Daren:curse:
My occupation is very different to yours so I will onyl suggest using rplhelp website. Just make it about yourself.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:43 am
Just Joined

I found the examples used on RPLHELP so full of waffle it was hard to read what they were trying to relate..:curse:
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dazzaandfi
I found the examples used on RPLHELP so full of waffle it was hard to read what they were trying to relate..:curse:
It is waffle though, it took me at least 6 weeks to get it all together. I initially just wrote about everything I had ever done during my career (and I mean everything) then I tried to relate it to what was needed. I have some examples that I started from I don't know if they will be any help but I'll send them to you.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

thanks eddie209
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Renardc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Eddie

Could you please send me the samples you have as well. It would be greatly appreciated
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:50 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edie209
It is waffle though, it took me at least 6 weeks to get it all together. I initially just wrote about everything I had ever done during my career (and I mean everything) then I tried to relate it to what was needed. I have some examples that I started from I don't know if they will be any help but I'll send them to you.
I second that. I started off with an essay, describing my career path and all projects of any significance that I have been involved with. Then, broke that down into the RPL categories along the CBOK guidelines. After that, I wrote drafts of reference letters for my referrers restating my experience claims once more. All in all, two months of painstaking effort, and in the end a positive result with the MODL nomination confirmed.
NJ
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:19 am
Just Joined

tgoodley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm in the process of writing my RPL.
Just finished my second project report - which took me two weeks.
I'm about to start on the CBOK.
Any chance edie209 you could also send me your examples please?
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:27 pm
Tav
Just Joined

Tav is an unknown quantity at this point

You wouldn't believe how pleased and happy I am to read this thread and knowing that I'm not out here all alone. I am 39 with 10 years experience also completing my RPL application. I'm currently on my second attempt at CBOK, I getting there but if anyone would like to send me any helpful advice, examples, or just point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi somehow I have missed all these posts do you still want examples if so let me know and I will email them
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:24 pm
Tav
Just Joined

Hi somehow I have missed all these posts do you still want examples if so let me know and I will email them
Yes please, any help would be appreciated.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

send me a pm with your email address
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:37 pm
Tav
Just Joined

Yes I will send you a PM (I need to send three messages or more and this is my third! :-) )
Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Email sent
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

abir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tav
Yes I will send you a PM (I need to send three messages or more and this is my third! :-) )

Hi Edie and Tav, i read your discussion. i am also seeking for RPL sample report very badly. i cannot write it properly. i had 8yr+ experience on Networking field. can you please help me to share your experience. and if possible then send me your PRL report. it will very help full to prepair my report..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.