causes of delay

Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:15 am
Banned

overseas has a spectacular aura aboutoverseas has a spectacular aura aboutoverseas has a spectacular aura about
Default causes of delay

Can anyone guide why ASPC delays applications;
modl 136 same applications , same profession still delays
why/>?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of
Default Re: causes of delay

Too many applications, too few people to assess them.

The ASPC are apparently receiving around 12,000 applications every day. Funding has been cut, staff are not given the training they require (I'll be there's not an Agent on this site who hasn't had to explain a piece of legislation to a case officer at one time in their career).

They work hard, they're doing the best they can under extremely difficult circumstances.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:29 am
Banned

overseas has a spectacular aura aboutoverseas has a spectacular aura aboutoverseas has a spectacular aura about

I KNEW IT , CAN U PLEASE EXPLAIN AT THE SAME SITUATION SAME PROFESSION SAME WORK PLACE WHY THE APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED LATER CAME FORWARD THAN THE EARLIER APPLIED APPLICATIONS? FOR EXAMPLE A APPLICATION SUBMITTED IN JANUARY DIDNT GET CO ON THE OTHER HAND THE APPLICATION SUBMITTED IN MARCH GOT CO.. WHY IS THAT?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

I'm not in a position to tell you why, because I don't work for the DIAC.

I have known this to happen a lot and put it down to a number of things:

- One application is stronger than another and doesn't require as much checking
- One case officer works more quickly than another
- One application is front loaded with all the necessary documents the other case officer has to request additional documents
etc

There are too many variables to know for sure.

Please turn your caps lock off, by the way. On the internet typing in capitals is considered to be shouting.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:39 am
Banned

The reason I was writing this question is that If 2 applications are same in everything .. one is getting response earlier and other one is still waiting.. I think it depends on Case officer. If case officer decided to open a file he or she can.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Case officers don't 'decide' which file to open and which to leave until later. As I understand it they work on a first come, first served basis.

Also, no two applications are the same. There will always be something different between the two. Nobody can do any more than speculate on why one gets through the system quicker than the other.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:47 am
Banned

My application is of January 2007 and one of my friends is march 2007 applicant . same profession , same situation same processing information. he got his CO and I m still waiting.
His co assigned and requested med and pcc.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by overseas
My application is of January 2007 and one of my friends is march 2007 applicant . same profession , same situation same processing information. he got his CO and I m still waiting.
His co assigned and requested med and pcc.
There's nothing you can say or do that's going to get your case processed any quicker. Like I said before, there are many variables that can cause one application to process quicker than another, similar one.

Maybe your friends' case officer will go on leave for a few weeks towards the end of the process and your will catch up. Maybe yours will actually be granted first. Who knows?

I'm sorry, but you just have to accept the system. You may not like it, but it is what it is.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:54 am
Banned

Anyway, Nothing is in our hands. So Waiting is best policy of my department..
Thanks Anyway.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm afraid waiting is not just your best policy, but your only option!

You're welcome. I hope you receive good news soon.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Just to throw my ten pence worth in
I think there is a general time frame in which applications are dealt with but there lots of variables: (as already stated)

Too many applications and not enough staff!
Staff holidays and sickness (sickness levels at the moment are apparently high)
Different case officers work at different speeds
Any complications or missing details on the application

Having spent many hours on BE over the last 9 months, looking at other peoples timelines, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't BUT there is really nothing you can do about it apart from preparing your application thoroughly.

Good luck, I hope you hear soon.

Sam
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Exactly, Sam. I talk to case officers around Australia all the time and they are becoming really demoralised. Most of them are aware that they hold people's futures in their hands but they can only work so quickly.

I'm not for a second saying that all case officers are angels. Far from it (some of them are shocking) but most of them are good people, doing a good job.

The long and short of it is that there aren't enough of them.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AHamm
Exactly, Sam. I talk to case officers around Australia all the time and they are becoming really demoralised. Most of them are aware that they hold people's futures in their hands but they can only work so quickly.

I'm not for a second saying that all case officers are angels. Far from it (some of them are shocking) but most of them are good people, doing a good job.

The long and short of it is that there aren't enough of them.
All you can really say is that they are staff doing their job to the best of their ability....and as some of them are known to read the forum, calling them shocking probably isn't too good a plan