Case Officers

Old Jul 27th 2005, 7:54 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Case Officers

Could people please kindly let us know how long it takes from being allocated a case officer to being granted the visa.

Yes I know all cases are different and there are exceptions but there must be some kind of average
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:19 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Officers

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Could people please kindly let us know how long it takes from being allocated a case officer to being granted the visa.

Yes I know all cases are different and there are exceptions but there must be some kind of average
Hi Anne

Well would be able to tell you but seeing as we haven't got a CO or a visa I can't sorry
But I am sure someone will know..... wish I had a CO at least then I would have a contact
Good Luck

Ang
Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Anne

Well would be able to tell you but seeing as we haven't got a CO or a visa I can't sorry
But I am sure someone will know..... wish I had a CO at least then I would have a contact
Good Luck

Ang

Snap!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:08 pm
Where's the bbq?

wandrews will become famous soon enoughwandrews will become famous soon enough

Hi Anne

I had to contact DIMIA to discuss 457 / 136 issues, and managed to find out what region of the restructed DIMIA are to be handling my app, whilst they wouldn't give me a timescale the general thought was that things should move pretty quickly when assigned my CO.

I don't know if that was in general or related specifically to me, either way it made me feel a little happier.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Snap!!

I got my CO the other week, she asked for more documents so that a decision can be made with all the info, if not a decision could be made when the 28days is up, so im thinking it shouldnt be too long now?

Trish
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by wandrews
Hi Anne

I had to contact DIMIA to discuss 457 / 136 issues, and managed to find out what region of the restructed DIMIA are to be handling my app, whilst they wouldn't give me a timescale the general thought was that things should move pretty quickly when assigned my CO.

I don't know if that was in general or related specifically to me, either way it made me feel a little happier.
Glad things are looking good for you Wayne.

Do you think there have not been many replies because once people get their visas they don't look on this forum so much? And of course the people WITH the visas are the ones who know how long it took from getting their CO to getting their visa
Old Jul 27th 2005, 8:41 pm
Where's the bbq?

wandrews will become famous soon enoughwandrews will become famous soon enough

Do you think there have not been many replies because once people get their visas they don't look on this forum so much? And of course the people WITH the visas are the ones who know how long it took from getting their CO to getting their visa
Very good question, I was hopeing someone would reply. I did a little digging around on the forum, and it appears that some people received their visa 2-3 months after CO allocation.

I guess these cases had no complications and probably front-loaded everything
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:10 pm
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by wandrews
Very good question, I was hopeing someone would reply. I did a little digging around on the forum, and it appears that some people received their visa 2-3 months after CO allocation.

I guess these cases had no complications and probably front-loaded everything
We received our visas 4 months after we found out who our CO was (only found that out when meds and PCCs were requested - we didn't front-load as it didn't occur to us and we weren't using an agent who could have advised us!). We sent everything back and our sponsor paid the bond within 3 months but that took us to the beginning of June. We heard nothing until the visas were granted early July so assume that they had to wait for the new quota of visas before they issued ours! Good luck with yours.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

We got our CO when the meds/PCC's were requested 15 weeks after app rec'd. Meds on there way back to Sydney (see timeline below)...so fingers crossed would love Visa by September.....
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:56 pm

Bump
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:37 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Bump
Just thought you guys might find this interesting.
We got an email from SK of Region 3 saying she was our case officer.
Great, all emails (well 2) addressed to her etc.
Then when our visa was granted we weren't informed but our agent was. Strange methinks, SK said she would include us on all correspondence
Then when agent emails us the grant letter it was granted by a bloke called MP of Region 5.
Don't know what to make of it but seems about right for DIMIA !!!!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Anne,

I think that your best bet might be to go onto the timeline site and search there for some type of trend. I can tell you my situation, and it's very similar to Poppet's one - case officer know via med/pcc/aos request late Jan (mid-Nov app), and visa granted on July 11th. So, for me it was almost right on 5 months, but I'm sure if would have been faster if I did not need the aos stuff, and if it did not run into the visa quota issue over July 1st. If you are a 136 processing now you're probably going to be faster than that, but it might take longer to get assigned a CO as that seems to have slowed down since my app went in back in Nov 2004.

HTH!
Brian
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:52 pm

Thanks BrianO and Rossers