Case Officer has left me high and dry

Old Jul 4th 2006, 1:41 am
Brisbane

Trayla is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Case Officer has left me high and dry

I graduated in October 05 and I am currently applying for an on-shore skilled visa.

I applied on-line October 2005 but for reasons beyond my control was only to get my kids medicals done in May this year. My case officer was very understanding of my situation and told me he would prioritise my application. My application is now complete as far as I am aware and I am awaiting for a decision.

I sent my CO an email in May and got an out-of-office reply stating he had gone on leave for a year and was no longer my case officer.

Since then I have been in touch with the Adelaide processing centre several times and they have told me I will be allocated a new CO soon. I have been given the managers email address but they have not replied to any of my emails. Last week when I rang I was told they would make a decision by last Friday or ask for more information.

Still no email.

Although I am in Australia and allowed to work, i have had to bring my kids over on a tourist visa and they are not allowed to go to school.

They have been off school now since May 10th and driving me crazy!!!!

At no point have they given me an explanation as to why there is a delay.

I don't think this is at all acceptable.

Is there anything more I can do? Is it worth doing a complaint, or will this just get the dept's back-up, if I haven't done that already.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tracey
Old Jul 4th 2006, 2:43 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Officer has left me high and dry

Originally Posted by Trayla
Since then I have been in touch with the Adelaide processing centre several times and they have told me I will be allocated a new CO soon. I have been given the managers email address but they have not replied to any of my emails. Last week when I rang I was told they would make a decision by last Friday or ask for more information.

Still no email.

Although I am in Australia and allowed to work, i have had to bring my kids over on a tourist visa and they are not allowed to go to school.

They have been off school now since May 10th and driving me crazy!!!!

At no point have they given me an explanation as to why there is a delay.

I don't think this is at all acceptable.

Is there anything more I can do? Is it worth doing a complaint, or will this just get the dept's back-up, if I haven't done that already.

The system works at its convenience, not yours. Give it a little slack, however as a last resort you could contact your federal MP and ask him or her to write to the Minister about the delay.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 4:12 am
Brisbane

Trayla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Officer has left me high and dry

Originally Posted by JAJ
The system works at its convenience, not yours. Give it a little slack, however as a last resort you could contact your federal MP and ask him or her to write to the Minister about the delay.
The Manager has since emailed me and told me that they would assign me a new case officer as of last Friday.

I phoned ASPC today and still no new CO.

So I have now completed a complaint form and emailed my MP.

If there had been a proper handover when my original case officer went on leave I would probably have my visa by now, and my kids would be in school.