Case Officer allocated but no contact

Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:31 am
Just Joined

wasimmehr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Case Officer allocated but no contact

We have been allocated a case officer for over 3 weeks now, but have not yet heard anything from him at all. When we contacted the ASPC 3 weeks back, they stated that a CO has been allocated and we should hear in 1-2 weeks but no further news since then. Called ASPC again this week, and they could only state that we had to wait.

Seems like a nice way to 'adhere' to the new regulations of fast processing SS applicants by just 'giving' them a case officer and then following a 'normal' course of action.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Officer allocated but no contact

Suggestions for what?

I don't think Case Officers contact people to say hi and shoot the breeze. Them not contacting you seems like a good thing as it means they don't have any questions or additional requirements at this point.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

I agree with you Bermudashots...

No newz is sometimes good news...
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wasimmehr
We have been allocated a case officer for over 3 weeks now, but have not yet heard anything from him at all. When we contacted the ASPC 3 weeks back, they stated that a CO has been allocated and we should hear in 1-2 weeks but no further news since then. Called ASPC again this week, and they could only state that we had to wait.

Seems like a nice way to 'adhere' to the new regulations of fast processing SS applicants by just 'giving' them a case officer and then following a 'normal' course of action.

If your CO has nothing to ask (which means he is satisfied with all the documents you have submitted), he or she will probably never contact you.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Well in that case I would have expected a visa grant by now...!
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You may need to adjust your expectations in that case. It can still take weeks or months once a CO is allocated, depending on how much checking and verification is required.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

If you front load medicals and PCC they will not contact you unless CO requires any docs/infos.

The first contact might be grant even - who knows

Anyway you got a CO - Congrats for that
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:39 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

My advice? Stop pestering them and do as they say...WAIT?!
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Not necessarily. You may have to wait for a day, a month, may be one full year.

Unfortunately nobody can tell you this.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:38 am
Just Joined

It unfortunately seems that people are reflecting on their own frustration while answering to this thread! I only wanted to share my experience, and like many others, I too have circumstances that require an urgent decision. I will be leaving the country next month and will need to possibly repeat the medicals and police clearances. Some of the replies, even though true statements, were uncalled for. Good luck all!
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It unfortunately seems that people are reflecting on their own frustration while answering to this thread! I only wanted to share my experience, and like many others, I too have circumstances that require an urgent decision. I will be leaving the country next month and will need to possibly repeat the medicals and police clearances. Some of the replies, even though true statements, were uncalled for. Good luck all!
Nobody here is frustrated. Some of the people who have answered your post have already been granted visas and are still members of this forum to help others who are waiting. It's a shame you don't like the answers you get, but as has been said DIAC and your case officer are doing their job. They are checking on your file and will contact you only if and when they need something.

Good luck with your application and fingers crossed you get a decision soon.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What on earth is your problem? The people that answered have all been on the forum for a while now and know typically how long these things take and were advising you of this.

And who is frustrated? Some people on this thread already have there visa, personally I don't have a CO but am not in the slightest bit frustrated about it as I don't want to move in the middle of a recession.

Jeez, chill out and stop abusing the people who took the time to answer your thread.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:25 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Wasim,

No one is frustrated who ever have replied to your thread. We are just advising you to be patient. I also used to get panicked sometime in this whole immigration process, which is quite frustrating sometimes, because it's the most important decision in life, and we don't know when it will happen...

So be patient...as far as I know...no news from CO is good news...it means your documents are completed..and CO will contact you only if he/she needs something...I was only contacted by CO once and that also only for medicals and PCC.

So cheers and enjoy your present..your good day is on the way!!

Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not advisable to frontload PCC or Meds prior to being asked by the CO as you have no idea how long it will take for DIAC to process and issue (possibly) a visa. People often have to redo their PCCs and Meds simply because they didn't wait until asked. DIAC couldn't care less if you have to go abroad, their investigations into your application will take as long as it takes, your current circumstances don't come into it.

Don't bite the hand that feeds (or offers advice), it could turn round and slap you later.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:26 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Case Officer allocated but no contact

Ha ha.. It looks like you hit it right with your words!!!!!!
Truth is always bitter ...you know...

Anyways.. good luck for your visa...

Last edited by divsman; Sep 9th 2009 at 11:30 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.