Case Officer

Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:29 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Officer

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Trish, the online application comes with a check list of what must be sent. It clearly states that health and character checks are to be submitted within 28 days of submitting your application.
Dorothy,

Yes, it does doesn't it?

Then of course, you get the more important letter from the CO (which supersedes the auto non-human computer-generated checklist - if you get that at all) stating that all you need is evidence of undergoing medicals and police checks.

We all learn something new everyday

Cheers
Peter
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:41 pm
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

Fejaouk will become famous soon enoughFejaouk will become famous soon enough

I cant see it where? See attachment, my document checklist does'nt state this.
Attached Thumbnails Case Officer-image1.jpg  
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebutts
Hi

Bit worried now, i submitted online 29/10, have sent for pccs, but not booked meds yet, just checked my status page and checklist and NOWHERE does it say anything about sending pccs and meds within 28 days, it just says you will be required to do them.

From following the post september threads, people going through the process have said that once they are allocated a case officer they received an email requesting any outstanding documents including pccs and meds (if not frontloaded)and they are required within 28 days. And even then as long as you let them know you are sorting it, eg scan copy of receipt for pccs to show you have ordered them they are happy.

I have had a look on diac website and cant see anything about sending pccs and meds within 28 days of submitting, Dorothy if you have a link to where this info is given i and im sure numerous others would be very grateful, as if this is true i only have 10 days
Regulation 2.15 of the Migration Regulations 1994 provides a time limit of
28 days after the date of this email to submit the documents previously listed. Failure to respond within this timeframe means that the ASPC may proceed to decide this application on the basis of the available information.

The applicants are required to provide all evidence in support of the time of application requirements immediately. Please ensure the evidence required for lodgement of this application is attached to the browser or scanned and emailed to [email protected]. If this evidence is not provided with the lodgement of the application the ASPC will proceed to decide this application on the information lodged.

Taken from the auto-notification received on an application I lodged yesterday.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Dorothy,

Yes, it does doesn't it?

Then of course, you get the more important letter from the CO (which supersedes the auto non-human computer-generated checklist - if you get that at all) stating that all you need is evidence of undergoing medicals and police checks.

We all learn something new everyday

Cheers
Peter
Peter, this was pointed out to us by a very helpful case officer at ASPC when one of the agents here rang. We had no idea either until she phoned to ask another question about not receiving auto-notifications.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

thesmiths has a spectacular aura aboutthesmiths has a spectacular aura aboutthesmiths has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Bit worried now, i submitted online 29/10, have sent for pccs, but not booked meds yet, just checked my status page and checklist and NOWHERE does it say anything about sending pccs and meds within 28 days, it just says you will be required to do them.

From following the post september threads, people going through the process have said that once they are allocated a case officer they received an email requesting any outstanding documents including pccs and meds (if not frontloaded)and they are required within 28 days. And even then as long as you let them know you are sorting it, eg scan copy of receipt for pccs to show you have ordered them they are happy.

I have had a look on diac website and cant see anything about sending pccs and meds within 28 days of submitting, Dorothy if you have a link to where this info is given i and im sure numerous others would be very grateful, as if this is true i only have 10 days
Hi there,

We also applied online on 31.10.07 so quite close to your date. When we had finished the application we looked at the online document checklist and it said health requirements outstanding (no mention of 28 days). In addition when we clicked on the message alongside the penal clearance certificate form, it stated the requirement for it within 28 days. Not sure if yours said the same but we have now had our meds done (not finalised yet) and are still waiting for our UK pcc. Though not sure if we will receive it within 28 days (we sent off the forms the day after on 1.11.07) as UK police are quoting 40 days.

Like you say though, if any documents are outstanding once a CO is allocated they will send an email requesting them.

Teresa
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:14 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by thesmiths
Hi there,

We also applied online on 31.10.07 so quite close to your date. When we had finished the application we looked at the online document checklist and it said health requirements outstanding (no mention of 28 days). In addition when we clicked on the message alongside the penal clearance certificate form, it stated the requirement for it within 28 days. Not sure if yours said the same but we have now had our meds done (not finalised yet) and are still waiting for our UK pcc. Though not sure if we will receive it within 28 days (we sent off the forms the day after on 1.11.07) as UK police are quoting 40 days.

Like you say though, if any documents are outstanding once a CO is allocated they will send an email requesting them.

Teresa
You should receive an auto-notification of your application in your email inbox. It's all spelled out very clearly in there.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy

I was about to argue that I did not have notice of 28 days etc but yes -there on my automatic notification email, it is clearly stated.
I did not receive this until 4 weeks after initial application due to a problem at their end and it asks for the documents within 28 days of the email, so maybe that will gave me some breathing space. Our meds are still with doctor as waiting for extra test results, I did email them the receipts for the meds, which I know they did receive.
The only problem is, some people do not seem to have received this email, so would not know from their checklist.
Thanks for highlighting that point

Sam
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:05 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I didn't get that automated email.........so I didn't know any different. When we had a case officer allocated we had an email then saying we had 28 days (from the date of the email) to get pcc's and meds done, and the 28 day deadline date was clearly stated on this email. Meds got finalised bang on the 28th day...LOL
Nothing has happened since then though
Dorothy.........love your new avatar......hee hee
Beth x x
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by thesmiths
Hi there,

Teresa

Thanks Teresa

I have checked the messages alongside medical and pccs request and neither of mine mention the 28 day deadline.

I spent hours last night going through pages and pages of the diac website and now as Dororthy has pointed out Thanks Dorothy its there in the auto reply.
TBH i think it should be on our status page CLEARLY as thats what we look at, rather than the email.

Im not too worried as im not expecting a case officer in the next 10 days, but was going to wait till after christmas for the medicals, think we'll get them before though now.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:16 am
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

I never got an auto-generated email and left my medicals for two months. I have not got a CO as far as I know, do you think I should contact DIAC?

Scottie x
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fejaouk
I never got an auto-generated email and left my medicals for two months. I have not got a CO as far as I know, do you think I should contact DIAC?

Scottie x

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 6 November 2007

General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas
(subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)
E-lodged (on-line) applications: 21 September 2007
Paper based applications: allocations yet to commence

If a visa application was made more than two weeks before the relevant date
shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please
contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre from the web page
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

as u applied 16th sept u should get a co any day , but it says not to email unless app made 2 weeks before current processing date

hope that helps

sarah
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:56 am
Edi-Tsv-Bne-Edi-Bne-?

PROCESSING AND ALLOCATION INFORMATION - For the week of 6 November 2007

General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas
(subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)
E-lodged (on-line) applications: 21 September 2007
Paper based applications: allocations yet to commence

If a visa application was made more than two weeks before the relevant date
shown above and you have not been contacted by a case officer please
contact the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre from the web page
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

as u applied 16th sept u should get a co any day , but it says not to email unless app made 2 weeks before current processing date

hope that helps

sarah
Thanks Sarah,

Yeh thats why I am waiting my time, plus there are many in my boat too. I am sure it will all happen in its time. You always think the worst, have they got it, is there something wrong lol.

Scottie
Old Dec 1st 2007, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fejaouk
I cant see it where? See attachment, my document checklist does'nt state this.
hi all,

sorry to go off topic but after having a nosy look at Fejaouk's doc checklist i noticed that my document checklist doesn't ask for evidence of recent work experience - anybody know why???

louise (confused again)
Old Dec 1st 2007, 7:51 pm
Still alive

Originally Posted by indalo
hi all,

sorry to go off topic but after having a nosy look at Fejaouk's doc checklist i noticed that my document checklist doesn't ask for evidence of recent work experience - anybody know why???

louise (confused again)
Maybe you didn't claim recent work experience?