Case officer?

Old Sep 17th 2003, 3:53 am
Just Joined

to_oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Case officer?

Hi

Can anyone advise on how to find who your case officer is?

We recd ack letter from DIMIA some (long) time back but haven't heard from them thereafter.

As I understand from the FAQ, the person who signs the ack letter is not the case officer, so how does one get to know the details of the case officer.

thanks for the inputs.
regards,
to_oz
Old Sep 17th 2003, 4:22 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case officer?

Originally posted by to_oz
As I understand from the FAQ, the person who signs the ack letter is not the case officer, so how does one get to know the details of the case officer.
When he/she is assigned to you *and* have something to ask you or request from you. It's not an event that you'll be notified of - no "Hello, I'm your case officer. Please feel free to pick up the phone and ask me for a progress report every other minute and boost your local telco's earnings".

Peter
Old Sep 17th 2003, 1:15 pm
Thunder Ace

ptlabs <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by to_oz
    >
    > > As I understand from the FAQ, the person who signs the ack letter is
    > > not the case officer, so how does one get to know the details of the
    > > case officer.
    >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    > When he/she is assigned to you *and* have something to ask you or
    > request from you. It's not an event that you'll be notified of - no
    > "Hello, I'm your case officer. Please feel free to pick up the phone and
    > ask me for a progress report every other minute and boost your local
    > telco's earnings".

So what's your phone number then? I'm sure to_oz will take you up on
your kind offer.

TA

>
    >
    >
    > Peter

Old Sep 17th 2003, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

greta is an unknown quantity at this point

After our application we were sent a standard " Got your letter, be prepared for a long wait" reply. After a few months we were sent a letter requesting certain info, I think it was for a more indepth work reference. It was signed by the case officer. After that he wrote to us a number of times to request additional information, but that is the only time you will hear from them.
My advice is, that if you,ve heard nothing for a couple of months, e-mail them requesting an update on your application. The official stand is that they don,t personally reply to e-mails, but I found that after I e-mailed them they did write to me soon after either for a query or to ask for medicals etc.
I think they have so many applications to get through that the odd e-mail just jogs they,re memory and they then look through your file again. Otherwise it will probably sit at the bottom for months on end. Don,t take it as gospel but it seemed to work every time I did it.
I went through the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre so it might be different for you.

Greta
Old Sep 17th 2003, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by greta
My advice is, that if you,ve heard nothing for a couple of months, e-mail them requesting an update on your application.
And my advice is: don't do that. Every call or email takes time to be answered, and so it delays the processing of your application as well as others. ("it's just 2 minutes..." but 2 minutes times 100's of applicants is still a lot of valuable time)
If they still haven't even charged your card of cashed your cheque months after your application arrived at their office, yes, you can contact them, because that is weird indeed.
If you haven't received an acknowledgement after months, then, unless you really need the ack. letter for something, why contact them? If they've taken your money, you're in the system...
Basically it comes down to this: if you are not past the quoted waiting period (50 weeks after applying, and/or 3-4 months after sending your requested pcc and medicals) you should be patient and not cause any delays by trying to contact them.

We are all waiting, and we're all sick of it. Don't make the wait any longer if there is no reason to.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Hans de Visser
And my advice is: don't do that. Every call or email takes time to be answered, and so it delays the processing of your application as well as others. ("it's just 2 minutes..." but 2 minutes times 100's of applicants is still a lot of valuable time)
If they still haven't even charged your card of cashed your cheque months after your application arrived at their office, yes, you can contact them, because that is weird indeed.
If you haven't received an acknowledgement after months, then, unless you really need the ack. letter for something, why contact them? If they've taken your money, you're in the system...
Basically it comes down to this: if you are not past the quoted waiting period (50 weeks after applying, and/or 3-4 months after sending your requested pcc and medicals) you should be patient and not cause any delays by trying to contact them.

We are all waiting, and we're all sick of it. Don't make the wait any longer if there is no reason to.
Good point Hans,
I hear what your saying, but its a bit different saying that when your already over there.

Greta
Old Sep 18th 2003, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Good point Hans,
I hear what your saying, but its a bit different saying that when your already over there.

Greta
I know, it's easy for me to say when I have the privilege of doing the waiting while being in Oz. I don't have as many reasons for being impatience as most people, but I still have some. Nevertheless, I know there are plenty out there wishing they could trade with me, as they want to get here as soon as possible. It's for all these people's sake, as well as for my own, that I'm urging everyone not to cause delays by contacting DIMIA unnecessarily.
Old Sep 18th 2003, 1:14 am
Just Joined

I know, it's easy for me to say when I have the privilege of doing the waiting while being in Oz. I don't have as many reasons for being impatience as most people, but I still have some. Nevertheless, I know there are plenty out there wishing they could trade with me, as they want to get here as soon as possible. It's for all these people's sake, as well as for my own, that I'm urging everyone not to cause delays by contacting DIMIA unnecessarily.
Hi Hans,
We all know your right, but its just very frustrating having to put your life on hold for 18 months or so. We applied in Jan 2002 and were finally granted PR in June this year. The trouble is when you first apply you dont expect to hear nothing for months on end. Its only on hindsight that you realise this is how it works. I,m only speaking from my own experience. I actually did have a number of letters from Adelaide asking for various additional information at the start of my application and then heard nothing for about 7 months. It was only then that I e-mailed them for an update and then within about a week I received a request for medicals and police checks. So it did feel as if they had filed me and then suddenly I got a result. Like I said this could have been coincidence but at the end of the day you only think of yourself.

So how come you got over there and are now applying for residency? I thought you had to return home before you could do that?
Are you working? Whats Brisbane like? We travelled around Oz about 12 years ago and vaguely remember Brisbane.
Are you able to stay until your PR Visa comes through?

Greta
Old Sep 18th 2003, 1:42 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Thunder Ace
So what's your phone number then? I'm sure to_oz will take you up on your kind offer.
1800-PHONEME
Old Sep 18th 2003, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

So how come you got over there and are now applying for residency? I thought you had to return home before you could do that?
Are you working? Whats Brisbane like? We travelled around Oz about 12 years ago and vaguely remember Brisbane.
Are you able to stay until your PR Visa comes through?
I got a job with an Aussie university for 2 years, so they're sponsoring me for a 2-year temporary visa. Shortly after starting that job, I applied for skilled migration (you can apply from anywhere, it doesn't matter whether you're in- or outside of Australia). In 8 months or so I hope to receive a letter saying "we are ready to grant you your visa, but can't do so until you leave Australia" and then I'll take a trip to New Zealand (probably) and get the visa in my passport (you don't have to go to your home country, anywhere outside Australia will do).
Brisbane is lovely; nice and warm. Except that they've set the airconditioning in this building to bloody freezing. So, here I am in the subtropics, and I'm still shivering!
Old Sep 18th 2003, 3:50 am
Just Joined

to_oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Peter for your very kind and wonderful reply. Would love to get in touch on your 1800-Phone(y)me number.

ooops....

thanks and regards,
to_oz
Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:12 am
Axel Van Kampen

"Thunder Ace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > ptlabs <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Originally posted by to_oz
    > >
    > > > As I understand from the FAQ, the person who signs the ack letter is
    > > > not the case officer, so how does one get to know the details of the
    > > > case officer.
    > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > When he/she is assigned to you *and* have something to ask you or
    > > request from you. It's not an event that you'll be notified of - no
    > > "Hello, I'm your case officer. Please feel free to pick up the phone and
    > > ask me for a progress report every other minute and boost your local
    > > telco's earnings".
    > So what's your phone number then? I'm sure to_oz will take you up on
    > your kind offer.

Read it again. He said that is NOT the case.

Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:13 am
Axel Van Kampen

"Thunder Ace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > ptlabs <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Originally posted by to_oz
    > >
    > > > As I understand from the FAQ, the person who signs the ack letter is
    > > > not the case officer, so how does one get to know the details of the
    > > > case officer.
    > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > When he/she is assigned to you *and* have something to ask you or
    > > request from you. It's not an event that you'll be notified of - no
    > > "Hello, I'm your case officer. Please feel free to pick up the phone and
    > > ask me for a progress report every other minute and boost your local
    > > telco's earnings".
    > So what's your phone number then? I'm sure to_oz will take you up on
    > your kind offer.

1800 NOWAYJOSE
or
1800 INYOURDREAMS

Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:19 am
Axel Van Kampen

"greta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi Hans,
    > We all know your right, but its just very frustrating having to put
    > your life on hold for 18 months or so.

Why put your life on hold at all? Why not go about your daily life as you
normally would while you wait?
Many people will be denied visas so why not treat it as a case of 'if it
happens, great but if it doesn't, so be it, you'd still have a great life in
the US (or whereever you are)'?

Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

I got a job with an Aussie university for 2 years, so they're sponsoring me for a 2-year temporary visa. Shortly after starting that job, I applied for skilled migration (you can apply from anywhere, it doesn't matter whether you're in- or outside of Australia). In 8 months or so I hope to receive a letter saying "we are ready to grant you your visa, but can't do so until you leave Australia" and then I'll take a trip to New Zealand (probably) and get the visa in my passport (you don't have to go to your home country, anywhere outside Australia will do).
Brisbane is lovely; nice and warm. Except that they've set the airconditioning in this building to bloody freezing. So, here I am in the subtropics, and I'm still shivering!
I bet thats strange. There,s us having to put a jumper on to go outside and your probably stripping off numerous layers as you open the door to go home. Well if thats the only complaint I think i can deal with it.
We should be in Perth by the end of October, which will be a nice as it will give us time to climatize ourselves to the heat before we hit full blown summer.
We spent some time in Darwin, which was very tropical and I can always remember seeing mobile homes chained down as they get Typhoons ( or was it hurricaines) one or the other. Do you get extreme weather conditions like that in Brisbane. Perth seems quite tranquil in comparison.
So what do you teach? Where are you from? Yes the name is a clue (sounds German,or could be Dutch, or Swiss or there again it could be South Africa).

Don,t work too hard, make the most of it, you are in Australia after all.

Greta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.