Carer Visa

Old May 24th 2006, 5:45 am
Just Joined

Luckyjake is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Carer Visa

I have a sister in Australia who desperately needs help with her six year old son who suffers with autism. There are no other relatives to help apart from her husband who works full time. She gets no help from social services apart from a voluntary service which allows her and her husband to go out once every six months.

Fron what I understand an assessment has to be obtained from HSA. My sister has looked at the points scoring for this and has said that my nephew would easily pass the 30 points required. If he does pass what is the next step? How is this application assessed my the authorities? Do they point score based on circumstances? Is the application figure capped?

I am anxious to know how we should proceed with our application with me as the carer.

Unfortunately I only have 100 points via the skilled route so this is not an option.

Any information would be gratefully received.