British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Cap and cease refunds (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/cap-cease-refunds-880125/)

chrissy990 Jul 8th 2016 11:30 pm

Cap and cease refunds

We were told in October that our application from about 6 years ago had been capped and ceased and that we were to get a refund of our visa money ( not the other £5000 that we spent!!)
Paperwork was submitted by our agent but we still have no refund.

Has anyone received a refund yet and if so how long did it take ?

Thanks

dasalcedo Jul 8th 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Cap and cease refunds

Originally Posted by chrissy990 (Post 11997842)
We were told in October that our application from about 6 years ago had been capped and ceased and that we were to get a refund of our visa money ( not the other £5000 that we spent!!)
Paperwork was submitted by our agent but we still have no refund.

Has anyone received a refund yet and if so how long did it take ?

Thanks

Was that for the pre September 2007 applications?

If so, we applied in 2010 if I remember correctly and got the money 2 months later.

chrissy990 Jul 9th 2016 6:44 am

Hi

Sorry, no. It is the cases which were capped and ceased in September 2015.

Thanks

Originally Posted by dasalcedo (Post 11997848)
Was that for the pre September 2007 applications?

If so, we applied in 2010 if I remember correctly and got the money 2 months later.

lucierainbow Aug 17th 2016 1:14 pm

Hi. I got my paperwork in for a refund which was accepted in November 2015. Im on week 38 waiting for a refund. I've emailed them relentlessly.....I can't bring myself to speak to them.

Every time I email I get a bounce back explaining the refund process takes up to 15weeks (their website also still states 14 weeks even after me complaining about it twice)......I really cant describe how utterly appauled I am! Im so disgusted it makes me laugh. In my last email....one of 5/6 I have sent I said I wanted interest....they haven't replied to that one... oh and on my 4th email they said they'd prioritise my refund as they understood I'd been waiting.

This situation needs a legal representative as its plain corrupt. I just image one person sitting in a shed somewhere with a credit card machine manually 'refunding' thousands of Visas. As we have not a leg to stand on and no representation of any sort and they're a million miles away, whats to stop them just keeping my money!

Any idea what I could/should do?

chrissy990 Aug 17th 2016 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by lucierainbow (Post 12028557)
Hi. I got my paperwork in for a refund which was accepted in November 2015. Im on week 38 waiting for a refund. I've emailed them relentlessly.....I can't bring myself to speak to them.

Every time I email I get a bounce back explaining the refund process takes up to 15weeks (their website also still states 14 weeks even after me complaining about it twice)......I really cant describe how utterly appauled I am! Im so disgusted it makes me laugh. In my last email....one of 5/6 I have sent I said I wanted interest....they haven't replied to that one... oh and on my 4th email they said they'd prioritise my refund as they understood I'd been waiting.

This situation needs a legal representative as its plain corrupt. I just image one person sitting in a shed somewhere with a credit card machine manually 'refunding' thousands of Visas. As we have not a leg to stand on and no representation of any sort and they're a million miles away, whats to stop them just keeping my money!

Any idea what I could/should do?

Hi

We got our refund after 6 months of waiting. I emailed them and my agent also contacted them the week before.... Don't know if that helped.

I know exactly how,you feel. I believed we would never get a refund. Can't believe it takes so long as there can't be many refunds to be done. I had exactly the same image as you.

Hope you get your money back soon

lucierainbow Aug 17th 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks Chrissy990. Can't wait to get the money back. Would have preferred the visa 5 years ago...but...that chapter is over for now.

chrissy990 Aug 17th 2016 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by lucierainbow (Post 12028629)
Thanks Chrissy990. Can't wait to get the money back. Would have preferred the visa 5 years ago...but...that chapter is over for now.

So true. Pity they didn't refund the other £5000 we spent trying to get our visas 😩

lucierainbow Aug 17th 2016 6:07 pm

yup I know how you feel. We didn't spend that amount luckily! BUT I went alone on the train to get my IELTS test in the middle of no-where with no-one I knew. I spent my entire maternity leave applying MYSELF and eventually my mum and dad (my sponsors) gave up and came back to the uk. The cost of this is massive, the least they could do is have basic customer service training. THE LEAST! Oh and not steal our money.

chrissy990 Aug 17th 2016 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by lucierainbow (Post 12028854)
yup I know how you feel. We didn't spend that amount luckily! BUT I went alone on the train to get my IELTS test in the middle of no-where with no-one I knew. I spent my entire maternity leave applying MYSELF and eventually my mum and dad (my sponsors) gave up and came back to the uk. The cost of this is massive, the least they could do is have basic customer service training. THE LEAST! Oh and not steal our money.

Hopefully you won't gave to wait much longer

lucierainbow Dec 1st 2016 5:32 pm

Im still waiting....is anyone else out there? Its been just over a year now.

Originally Posted by chrissy990 (Post 12028984)
Hopefully you won't gave to wait much longer

chrissy990 Dec 1st 2016 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by lucierainbow (Post 12119068)
Im still waiting....is anyone else out there? Its been just over a year now.

That is awful. Hope you get a refund soon xx

xizzles Dec 2nd 2016 1:30 pm

So sorry to hear that, lucie :( - hope you get your money back soon!