British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Can't apply for WHV online? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/cant-apply-whv-online-575882/)

Phumfeinz Nov 29th 2008 8:51 pm

Can't apply for WHV online?

Hi folks. Just went to start my application for a working holiday visa online and I cannot complete it.

Specifically, the section that asks you about your passport details.

It asks what country the passport is, but my country, United Kingdom, is not listed. I checked and rechecked, but it's just not there. I also checked for England and Great Britain, but they weren't there either.

Can you not apply for a working holiday visa online if you're from the UK?

Thanks.

Pollyana Nov 29th 2008 8:57 pm

Re: Can't apply for WHV online?

Originally Posted by Phumfeinz (Post 7021488)
Hi folks. Just went to start my application for a working holiday visa online and I cannot complete it.

Specifically, the section that asks you about your passport details.

It asks what country the passport is, but my country, United Kingdom, is not listed. I checked and rechecked, but it's just not there. I also checked for England and Great Britain, but they weren't there either.

Can you not apply for a working holiday visa online if you're from the UK?

Thanks.

Try looking for "British Citizen" or "British Overseas National" :)

Phumfeinz Nov 29th 2008 9:04 pm

Ah. Silly me. Thanks for the quick reply.

;)

One more question whilst we're here: it asks for the date when you intend to enter Australia? Does this have to be exact? I don't really want to buy a ticket before getting the visa.

Charlie Bass Nov 29th 2008 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Phumfeinz (Post 7021519)
Ah. Silly me. Thanks for the quick reply.

;)

One more question whilst we're here: it asks for the date when you intend to enter Australia? Does this have to be exact? I don't really want to buy a ticket before getting the visa.

No mate, it does not have to be exact. Once your visa has been granted you have up to 12 months to land in Australia to start your WH.

Enjoy your WH here :) I hope you have a great time. Australia is a fantastic place to travel around.

Phumfeinz Nov 29th 2008 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie Bass (Post 7021549)
No mate, it does not have to be exact. Once your visa has been granted you have up to 12 months to land in Australia to start your WH.

Enjoy your WH here :) I hope you have a great time. Australia is a fantastic place to travel around.

That's good to hear. I have another question. (Who'd have thought it!)

There's a question I'm stuck on: What industry do you intend to seek employment in?

My only job experience is office stuff, so I'd be looking for general office work. From the drop down box though I don't really know what to select?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...feinz/visa.jpg

Charlie Bass Nov 29th 2008 10:25 pm

Again it's not really important, so just use "other services" or whatever you think fits what you can do. It's certainly not something they're going to pull you up on.

Phumfeinz Nov 29th 2008 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie Bass (Post 7021669)
Again it's not really important, so just use "other services" or whatever you think fits what you can do. It's certainly not something they're going to pull you up on.

Good man. :thumbup:

Phumfeinz Nov 29th 2008 11:07 pm

In the last five (5) years, have you visited or lived outside UNITED KINGDOM for more than three (3) consecutive months (not including Australia)?

I was in Canada for three months and one week last year. Is it worth including that?

pumpkin blossom Nov 29th 2008 11:16 pm

Yes.

Phumfeinz Nov 30th 2008 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom (Post 7021815)
Yes.

Alright folks. Got to the end of the application, and my card isn't accepted. Is it possible that I could use a friends credit card to pay the fee?