Can't apply for WHV online?

Old Nov 29th 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Phumfeinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't apply for WHV online?

Hi folks. Just went to start my application for a working holiday visa online and I cannot complete it.

Specifically, the section that asks you about your passport details.

It asks what country the passport is, but my country, United Kingdom, is not listed. I checked and rechecked, but it's just not there. I also checked for England and Great Britain, but they weren't there either.

Can you not apply for a working holiday visa online if you're from the UK?

Thanks.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 8:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't apply for WHV online?

Originally Posted by Phumfeinz
Hi folks. Just went to start my application for a working holiday visa online and I cannot complete it.

Specifically, the section that asks you about your passport details.

It asks what country the passport is, but my country, United Kingdom, is not listed. I checked and rechecked, but it's just not there. I also checked for England and Great Britain, but they weren't there either.

Can you not apply for a working holiday visa online if you're from the UK?

Thanks.
Try looking for "British Citizen" or "British Overseas National"
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ah. Silly me. Thanks for the quick reply.

One more question whilst we're here: it asks for the date when you intend to enter Australia? Does this have to be exact? I don't really want to buy a ticket before getting the visa.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Charlie Bass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phumfeinz
Ah. Silly me. Thanks for the quick reply.

One more question whilst we're here: it asks for the date when you intend to enter Australia? Does this have to be exact? I don't really want to buy a ticket before getting the visa.
No mate, it does not have to be exact. Once your visa has been granted you have up to 12 months to land in Australia to start your WH.

Enjoy your WH here I hope you have a great time. Australia is a fantastic place to travel around.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Charlie Bass
No mate, it does not have to be exact. Once your visa has been granted you have up to 12 months to land in Australia to start your WH.

Enjoy your WH here I hope you have a great time. Australia is a fantastic place to travel around.
That's good to hear. I have another question. (Who'd have thought it!)

There's a question I'm stuck on: What industry do you intend to seek employment in?

My only job experience is office stuff, so I'd be looking for general office work. From the drop down box though I don't really know what to select?

Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Charlie Bass is an unknown quantity at this point

Again it's not really important, so just use "other services" or whatever you think fits what you can do. It's certainly not something they're going to pull you up on.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Charlie Bass
Again it's not really important, so just use "other services" or whatever you think fits what you can do. It's certainly not something they're going to pull you up on.
Good man.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

In the last five (5) years, have you visited or lived outside UNITED KINGDOM for more than three (3) consecutive months (not including Australia)?

I was in Canada for three months and one week last year. Is it worth including that?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Yes.
Alright folks. Got to the end of the application, and my card isn't accepted. Is it possible that I could use a friends credit card to pay the fee?