Canadian migrating to South Africa

Old Aug 21st 2001, 12:06 pm
Tim Taylor

Never been, but my kiddies nursery is full of South African families that have "got
out". they would rather suffer the bad UK weather than stay in SA. It can be quite
violent from the stories they tell me. Basically they decided it's not the place to
bring up kiddies. One family has come from Zim. They literally had to drop everything
and leave their livelihood behind. imagine that - essentially refugees.

I am sure however that good people do live there, although I wouldn't even entertain
a holiday there.

Good luck

Tim

>
    >

Old Aug 21st 2001, 1:58 pm
Garth

On Tue, 21 (Steve Hayes) wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Ah the wonderful Steve, the self-flagelist and appologist, who took this as an
opportunity rather to display his errudition and first class inteligence than
contribute in any quantifiable manner.

Do you really believe, Steve, that by quoting WS Gilbert, you are making any sort of
point? Hmmm?

Try taking off your blinkers Steve. I admire your patriotism and devotion to the
present dispensation, but your fervour is rendering you less than credible.

In further answer to the original poster, JG, you will find, on visiting South
Africa, a country as diverse and beautiful in it's geography as in it's demography.

Ordinary South Africans are caught up in the throes of a palace revolt which is scary
enough for those who live here permanently, let alone those who come here through
choice, or force of circumstance.

My advice, is to investigate as much as you can about the country and then, if the
bare facts and figures have left you unmoved, visit the country to check out the
scene first-hand.

Garth

Old Aug 21st 2001, 2:45 pm
Jg

Wow! That many replies to a simple request! Well if anyone genuinely can still help
me unwrangle the procedures of immigrating to South Africa and/or has done it
themselves I would greatly appreciate it.

>
    >
    >

Old Aug 21st 2001, 3:03 pm
Moira De Swardt

>
    >
    >

>

>

Speak for yourself. Note the lack of a little smiley emoticon.

Moira, the Faerie Godmother

Old Aug 21st 2001, 3:04 pm
Moira De Swardt

>

[usenetquote2]> >Oh yes, Japan.... that, according to W.S. Gilbert, was the place[/usenetquote2]
where one
[usenetquote2]> >could find[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> >the idiot who praises, with enthusiastic tone every century but this, and every[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >country but his own.[/usenetquote2]

>
took
    >
    >

>
    >

Well, *I* enjoyed it.

Moira, the Faerie Godmother

Old Aug 21st 2001, 3:55 pm
Steve Hayes

[usenetquote2]>> > Does anyone know of the procedures and/or complexities of immigrating to South[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Africa? I'm a Canadian and my wife is Swiss.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yoruba, Bulgarian...

Steve Hayes http://www.suite101.com/myhome.cfm/methodius For spammers:
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Old Aug 21st 2001, 3:57 pm
Francis

[email protected] (Goose)
    >
    >
    >
    >

Perhaps he should also ask a few of the 10's of thousands of south africans living in
canada why they left in the first place.

Old Aug 21st 2001, 5:50 pm
Johan Schultz

See a good phsyciatrist

Old Aug 21st 2001, 6:06 pm
Honest Aryan

JG wrote...

>
    >

Catch 22: if you're White and satisy all tge entrance requirements you'll fail on
the sanity test. SA is the crime, rape, murder and AIDS capital of the world. Why
do you think Donald Woods, Trevor Huddlestone and all the rest of them died in
England? Just STAY AWAY and do your bit to tell other Whites to STAY AWAY, not
least as a mark of protest at yet the unfolding shambles of majority "rule".

--
pinc is back!!! http://www.cycad.com/cgi-bin/pinc/index.html

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 4:34 am
Steve Hayes

[usenetquote2]>> As to the original poster's query with regard to immigration, for inexplicable[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> reasons South Africa's department of internal affairs makes it incredibly[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> difficult to gain permanent residence here - we desperately need skilled migrants[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> but make it very difficult for them to gain entrance - go figure![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Perhaps they are the reason he wants to leave Canada.

Steve Hayes http://www.suite101.com/myhome.cfm/methodius For spammers:
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 1:57 pm
Richard

>
    >
    >

I'm sorry, but, if you have even half-a-brain in your head, you'll see how completely
non-sensical that is! If the tens of thousands of South Africans in Canada are
driving him out of Canada, then the last place he'd want to go is SOUTH AFRICA! IS
it? On the other hand, if he likes them so much, then he'd just stay home.

Next time, think before you try to act smart. It's better to be quiet and have people
think you're an idiot, than open your mouth and remove all doubt!

Richard

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 2:00 pm
Richard

>
    >
[usenetquote2]> >My God,man.....what are you thinking???? Before you do anything foolish,spend some[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >time researching events in Zimbabwe over the last year or so.Once you're done,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >understand that South Africa will,in five years,be what Zimbabwe is today.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
stupid
    >

Once again, you write something idiotic whithout speaking. For years we've heard how
wonderful Zimbabwe is and how it's a model of racial integration. For years we've
heard how it's not going down the drain and everybody is happy. Now, at last, we can
see whats actually going on! If you think South Africa will be any different, you
haven't learned anything from every other country in Africa!

Richard

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 7:42 pm
Sabsy

>
    >

Which dept is that?
!

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 7:42 pm
Sabsy

"Steve Hayes" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> >> As to the original poster's query with regard to immigration, for inexplicable[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> reasons South Africa's department of internal affairs makes it incredibly[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> difficult to gain permanent residence here - we desperately need skilled[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >> migrants but make it very difficult for them to gain entrance - go figure![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >Perhaps he should also ask a few of the 10's of thousands of south africans living[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >in canada why they left in the first place.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Good one Steve

Old Aug 22nd 2001, 8:35 pm
Stefan A.

[usenetquote2]> > >Perhaps he should also ask a few of the 10's of thousands of south africans[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >living in canada why they left in the first place.[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > Perhaps they are the reason he wants to leave Canada.[/usenetquote2]

>

The majority of SA'ns here are definitely preferrable to the majority of SA'ns
over there...
--
/stefan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.