Can you track 457 application?

Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Can you track 457 application?

Hi everyone,
I've just had a very confusing email from my sponsoring employer which suggests my 457 may have been approved but I'm not sure!
She also says: "It will be issued in nov {which is when the job starts} to get the longest possible time out of it."
Does that make sense? I thought once it was approved then it was 'issued' from that date?
So basically, given it's now out of office hours over there so I can't get in touch with anyone at the company, is there a way to find out online if it's been approved?
Thanks
Dianne
Old Oct 7th 2006, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Eddie Aikau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can you track 457 application?

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Hi everyone,
I've just had a very confusing email from my sponsoring employer which suggests my 457 may have been approved but I'm not sure!
She also says: "It will be issued in nov {which is when the job starts} to get the longest possible time out of it."
Dianne
Hi Dianne
just a tip

can you start working when the application is issued, or you have to wait months waiting for the visa to start work ?
I dont know how many months requires the 457 to be proceeded, but if it requires months, hoiow can the employer wait for you ?

Tnx,
EA
Old Oct 7th 2006, 11:45 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Hi everyone,
Does that make sense? I thought once it was approved then it was 'issued' from that date?
So basically, given it's now out of office hours over there so I can't get in touch with anyone at the company, is there a way to find out online if it's been approved?
Thanks
Dianne
Hi Dianne,

There'd be an official sounding email explaining your rights and obligations and how to evidence your visa and other stuff. If you haven't been given that I don't think the visa has been issued. It's not possible to track the outcome online at the moment, but the grant emails come very quickly after the decision has been made.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Oct 8th 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Dianne,

There'd be an official sounding email explaining your rights and obligations and how to evidence your visa and other stuff. If you haven't been given that I don't think the visa has been issued. It's not possible to track the outcome online at the moment, but the grant emails come very quickly after the decision has been made.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Thanks George.
Have since found out is has been approved, but it's not going to be 'issued' until the end of the month as I start work on Nov 13.
The company's immigration agent has been dealing with it all and I think all the paperwork has been sent to her and it will be forwarded on to me.
I hope!