Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can you have a WHV for oz at the same time as one for NZ

Can you have a WHV for oz at the same time as one for NZ

Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future
Default Can you have a WHV for oz at the same time as one for NZ

Hi

My partner and i are wanting to come to aus and new zealand in th next 12mths for a reccie to see where to apply for SMV

problem is i turn 31 in july and need to get visa before then, and as far as i am aware i have 12 mths from issue to activate, and 12 mths stay from activation.

ie spend 6 mths in aus during summer so a little cooler ie may-nov, then nov to may in nz.

can we gain 2 WHV for oz and nz at the same time and be able to activate them as above.

Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future
Default Re: Can you have a WHV for oz at the same time as one for NZ

surely someone must be able to help
Old Jan 16th 2008, 11:57 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see why not - they are two separate countries after all. I think your plan will work fine!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:12 am
Migration Agent

Sam James is just really niceSam James is just really niceSam James is just really niceSam James is just really niceSam James is just really niceSam James is just really niceSam James is just really niceSam James is just really nice

Originally Posted by krestsaf
Hi

My partner and i are wanting to come to aus and new zealand in th next 12mths for a reccie to see where to apply for SMV

problem is i turn 31 in july and need to get visa before then, and as far as i am aware i have 12 mths from issue to activate, and 12 mths stay from activation.

ie spend 6 mths in aus during summer so a little cooler ie may-nov, then nov to may in nz.

can we gain 2 WHV for oz and nz at the same time and be able to activate them as above.

Hi

For Australia, you are limited to only being able to hold one Australian visa at any one time. Beyond that, it is acceptable to hold a concurrent visa for another country - this happens quite frequently for sponsored Australian business visa holders who need to travel to other countries as part of their employment.

Kind regards
Sam James
MARN 0530716