Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can you fail your medical for being too fat?

Can you fail your medical for being too fat?

Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Tommy Gun will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can you fail your medical for being too fat?

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
If you are too fat to get through the doctors door then you may fail, I read somewhere that doctors don't like doing the medical exam in the car park

Hope this helps?
Cheers, mate that's a great help, I was hoping to get the Doc to come round to McDonalds and do it for me there in my own environment.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Can you fail your medical for being too fat?

Originally Posted by Tommy Gun
Cheers, mate that's a great help, I was hoping to get the Doc to come round to McDonalds and do it for me there in my own environment.
Hey you pay them enough and I'm sure they will. A better solution would be to book a table at Pizza Hut, have the big family special with ice cream factory then have you med straight after. Should work a treat
Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:17 am
Professional Princess

Hey you pay them enough and I'm sure they will. A better solution would be to book a table at Pizza Hut, have the big family special with ice cream factory then have you med straight after. Should work a treat

Im worried about my weight as well. Although if I had my chest reduced, Im sure I would be a stone lighter.

I do think though, if anyone feels they need to lose weight for their medical, they should aim to do it long term and for their health and not just for the medical.

But as you say Kevin, I might just book a table at Pizza hut first.

Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I was a bit worried about my weight as well (5'4 and 12 stone) but I was fine, I'm sure someone on here knows what you could possibly fail on (Body Mass Index I think), thing is, no one on this forum seems to have failed because of being a lard arse.

For emigrating to the USA allegedly it is the opposite, if you weigh less than 16 stone you can't even apply. No TRA or skills testing there, you get more points for the heavier you are (and the smaller your brain is). Apparently if you weigh 20 stone or more you can go straight to the USA without any form filling at all.

Is this true??
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:25 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tommy Gun

PMSL!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL very good,
just to round off the day, I have put on 8lbs in the last two weeks, I think Macdonnalds have something to do with it and no will power.
Hey but today, I'm back on the crappy slimmer soup, So happy I could S****
NOT!
lol
Lace
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lacey21
PMSL very good,
just to round off the day, I have put on 8lbs in the last two weeks, I think Macdonnalds have something to do with it and no will power.
Hey but today, I'm back on the crappy slimmer soup, So happy I could S****
NOT!
lol
Lace
You should buy the Juice Master book and a Superjuicer (www.superjuicer.co.uk), far better than that crap they sell at Mc D's (have you seen Supersize Me?).
8lbs in 2 weeks is a result, how many months pregnant did you say you were??
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh your a wag (well I think that is how you spell it). I have had a major lapse. I have already lost 54lbs of pure muscle (I had my husband killed off) no really. I have been finding it difficult and now that the beginning of term is about to start everyone wants to do lunch Arrrrrrrr leave me alone please.

lol lol
Anyway about this juicer!!!!!
lace x
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey your link doesn't work boo hoo

Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:31 pm
Baba jo

the Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant futurethe Brady gang has a brilliant future

God I was so stressed when I did my meds cause I am over weight got high blood pressure and im asthmatic. not a good combination. I went on a diet showed my meds Dr the sheet from club, I got local chemist to check my blood pressure and log it and I got a diabetes test. Also got my own GP to write letter explaining all under control. we got through and I leave in November Yippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.....
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

I was a bit worried about my weight as well (5'4 and 12 stone) but I was fine, I'm sure someone on here knows what you could possibly fail on (Body Mass Index I think), thing is, no one on this forum seems to have failed because of being a lard arse.

For emigrating to the USA allegedly it is the opposite, if you weigh less than 16 stone you can't even apply. No TRA or skills testing there, you get more points for the heavier you are (and the smaller your brain is). Apparently if you weigh 20 stone or more you can go straight to the USA without any form filling at all.

Is this true??

I've heard that as well. But you have to get past customs. I understand that unless you bring a substantial amount of food with you you might be seen to be a drain on the US food supply!

The only forms you need are to wrap your chocolate in!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

On a serious note, if you have a pint of juice in the morning (breakfast) made from carrots, apples and pineapple you will not be hungry until lunchtime. Then have a tin of mackerel or tuna for lunch then some rainbow trout for tea.

Give it a month or so and you will be as slim as kate moss

That's my serious comment for this year, now I will continue with all the mindless stuff!!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No really Kev will I not shit through the eye of a needle though!?
I can't cope with that, I can tell you.

Well if it gets this weight off I'll try anything lol
hugs Lace
Old Sep 1st 2005, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Actually your shit will become firmer, have you not watched "You are what you eat"?
It will be less smelly and firmer

What a lovely subject to talk about just as I'm doing my breakfast :-))