Can you change career with Visa?

Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Arteta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you change career with Visa?

I'd heard from a few people that you can't go into Australia with one career and then change it. This creates a problem for somebody like me that doesn't know what the hell he wants to do as his career.

I recently filled in an online form asking me about my circumstances and it seems that as a native English speaker that holds a BSc (Hons) degree I can get into Australia. I noticed that I didn't include any information of employment in Australia, so would this mean I could work as I choose once 'in'?

I figured that the no career changes applied to only those that relied on an Australian employment as part of their acceptance for their VISA. Would this be correct?

Thankyou
Old Aug 1st 2011, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

asifrupani will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can you change career with Visa?

Hi,

You are free to do any job, once you are in.

Regards
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:27 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Generally if you apply for a skilled visa you need to demonstrate a certain skill level to qualify. Once you obtain your visa you are free to do whatever job you like once you're here mate
Old Aug 1st 2011, 8:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arteta
I'd heard from a few people that you can't go into Australia with one career and then change it. This creates a problem for somebody like me that doesn't know what the hell he wants to do as his career.

I recently filled in an online form asking me about my circumstances and it seems that as a native English speaker that holds a BSc (Hons) degree I can get into Australia. I noticed that I didn't include any information of employment in Australia, so would this mean I could work as I choose once 'in'?

I figured that the no career changes applied to only those that relied on an Australian employment as part of their acceptance for their VISA. Would this be correct?

Thankyou
http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/ is where you really need to look - that'll help you work out whether you can get a visa that ties you to an employer - and thus to a career - or whether you can come independently
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 6:11 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arteta

Thankyou
Well to be a massive pedant about this, if you are sponsored for a visa, you are tied by condition of that particular sponsorship. You are still free to seek another sponsor and jump to another visa, if you are eligible for it. It is debatable if it is a smart investment of your time, considering that employers are not lining up to hire immigrants and going out of status means a one way ticket back home, but technically you are free to change your career path any time you choose.