can you buy your way in?

Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice
Default can you buy your way in?

Can my parents, aged 60 and 62, with only 1 out of 4 children living in Aus, get any kind of temporary 2 year or more retirement visa by investing in Australia until such time as 2 of their kids have been here long enough to apply for the balance of family visa? How much would they have to invest?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:28 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can you buy your way in?

Originally Posted by rossfive5
Can my parents, aged 60 and 62, with only 1 out of 4 children living in Aus, get any kind of temporary 2 year or more retirement visa by investing in Australia until such time as 2 of their kids have been here long enough to apply for the balance of family visa? How much would they have to invest?
Hi Craig,

Long time no hear. Look at form 1248i on the DIAC site to see whether that might suit them. Would probably be the best option on what you've said. Could be other options - email me if you like.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Apr 17th 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

Thanks George, will do. Might get them to have a word with you next month while they are here on hols.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 2:33 pm
HJG
Forum Regular

HJG is on a distinguished road

May be worth looking at an investor retirment visa 405.

My parent used Go Matilda to do this.

The advantage of it is that if anything were to stop the contrib parents visa going ahead in a couple of years, your parents would still have something they could rely on to stay in Australia. You need at least £400K though of which £200K is invested in an Austrlaian bond.