Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can uk family be sponsored by family in Aus?

Can uk family be sponsored by family in Aus?

Old Jan 27th 2008, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Rachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the rough
Default Can uk family be sponsored by family in Aus?

Hi

I was advised to ask this question... me and my small family are desperate to make the move to Brisbane Aus to were most of my family is, and soon to be all of my family.

My Uncle and Aunt who are citizens of Aus said if they can they will sponsor us. Can it be done? Neither of us have jobs out there as yet though i am Commercial Executive and partner is Prison Officer.

Old Jan 27th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all
Cool Re: Can uk family be sponsored by family in Aus?

they can sponsor you if your job is on the skills list but not otherwise. It's a points system and you will score points for having a sponsor (but I couldnt see how many!). The pass mark is lower than a standard skills visa as you have a sponsor. (100 as opposed to 120)
take the points test
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-applicant.htm
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Can uk family be sponsored by family in Aus?

Good luck, this is the visa we have applied for as my partners Uncle is out there. If you do get it then its a permenant visa which is good news.

The points testing is a guide, I suggest you speak to an agent. I did the points test a couple of times doing it different ways, it failed me the first few but then passed me.

Talking to an agent will confirm it for you, initial consultations are free.

Cx
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Rachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the roughRachel-UK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wandathecat
Good luck, this is the visa we have applied for as my partners Uncle is out there. If you do get it then its a permenant visa which is good news.

The points testing is a guide, I suggest you speak to an agent. I did the points test a couple of times doing it different ways, it failed me the first few but then passed me.

Cx
Thanks - i find our only downfall it that neither of us are in a "wanted" skilled trade. He is Prison Officer and i am Commercial Exec - does that matter or can my Uncle sponsor me anyway?

Rachel x
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rachel-UK
Thanks - i find our only downfall it that neither of us are in a "wanted" skilled trade. He is Prison Officer and i am Commercial Exec - does that matter or can my Uncle sponsor me anyway?

Rachel x
You have to have a wanted occupation......what is a commercial exec???? Sometimes what we call something here is not what they call it there.....

The only way would be to find a job, a company willing to sponsor you. This is a 457 temp visa. Once there you can then apply for permenant residency.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Cx
What do they call this visa? what happens after the visa expires? sorry to appear thick with this, just Soooooooooooooooo much to take in it begins to be confusing! x
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

You have to have a wanted occupation......what is a commercial exec???? Sometimes what we call something here is not what they call it there.....

The only way would be to find a job, a company willing to sponsor you. This is a 457 temp visa. Once there you can then apply for permenant residency.
I am a commercial Executive for a Football club which invoices sales, hospitality and club sponsorship though only since Dec 07 previous that i was an Account Manager for 3 yrs, does the short length of service matter? i have no qualifications as such on paper. My OH as a Prison Officer (has been for 3yrs) was previously a Personal Trainer. He is just gone into the PEI (gym) side of the prison which after a final course will gain him a teachers qualification. Just seems like a long time coming!

How long have you been waiting since to submitted your application?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Also, we have 2 and half year old daughter, does this go against us?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would speak to an agent, I know teachers do well but I can't answer your other questions I am afraid.

A 457 visia will allow you to work for 4 years but you can apply for permenant residency during this time.

Put 457 into the search facility on the toolbar and there are lots of posts on this.

Having a daughter doesn't stop you applying.

To find an agent I would just do a search, there are a few that post on here on a regular basis.

Cx
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Thanks C, you've been a great help!

Not only is it because of my family been there but having such a young family myself i'm more determined for a better life for my daughter as i don't want her to be in this predicament when she's older and see's what its all about!

I'll let you know how i get on and keep me posted how you are progressing?

Rachel x
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Its a fab place, good luck!!!

Cx
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Its a fab place, good luck!!!

Cx
I've just had a look at the 457 visa with no mention of family sponsor, only employer?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Correct if you can't get a permenant visa this is the alternative option.

Even with your family you can't apply based on that alone, you also need the correct skills.

Its not always black and white and I just don't think you will get a definative answer from someone on here who does not have all the facts.

Have you been to the immi site and looked at the 176 and 457 visa requirements?

Cx
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Even with your family you can't apply based on that alone, you also need the correct skills.

Its not always black and white and I just don't think you will get a definative answer from someone on here who does not have all the facts.

Have you been to the immi site and looked at the 176 and 457 visa requirements?

Cx
Thanks, i'm on the right track now..... i'll let you know how we get on
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

There are skill requirements for the 457 too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.