Can someone please Explain!!!!!!>>>>

Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Wizz1 will become famous soon enoughWizz1 will become famous soon enough
Default Can someone please Explain!!!!!!>>>>

Can you guys explain to me what PATHWAY D is? (or was)
as i heared that there bringing it back soon!!!! does it make it alot easier to get out to Oz, as that is an exciting Pospect for us as i have just been told i need 5 years experience and formal apprentiship with NVQ in my trade which is Plastering. and i have only been doing it just under a year! and im half way through my NVQ2!

So where hoping that if pathway D comes back that it will help us get there sooner, is this correct??

CANT WAIT 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse::cu rse::curse:
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can someone please Explain!!!!!!>>>>

Originally Posted by Wizz1
Can you guys explain to me what PATHWAY D is? (or was)
as i heared that there bringing it back soon!!!! does it make it alot easier to get out to Oz, as that is an exciting Pospect for us as i have just been told i need 5 years experience and formal apprentiship with NVQ in my trade which is Plastering. and i have only been doing it just under a year! and im half way through my NVQ2!

So where hoping that if pathway D comes back that it will help us get there sooner, is this correct??

CANT WAIT 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse::cu rse::curse:

Pathway D meant you didn't have to be formally trained to be able to have a recognized skill. There are other threads in here to that effect.

However, Alan Collett a migration agent believes that Pathway D will probably not return. They were supposed to review this at the beginning of the year, now it is apparently going to be July. You will still need to have the required amount of work experience though and 1 year isn't enough I don't think. But having your qualification and work experience is a sure fire way to get in.

Apologies!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

nickynush will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Pathway D meant you didn't have to be formally trained to be able to have a recognized skill. There are other threads in here to that effect.

However, Alan Collett a migration agent believes that Pathway D will probably not return. They were supposed to review this at the beginning of the year, now it is apparently going to be July. You will still need to have the required amount of work experience though and 1 year isn't enough I don't think. But having your qualification and work experience is a sure fire way to get in.

Apologies!

Pathway day is expected back in some form someday!!! The date being mentioned at the moment is 1st July but some are sceptical it will be up and running by then however, everyone is of the belief it will be back at some point. I recently had the following email from TRA.....

"In relation to the Uniform Assessment Criteria (UAC) and skilled pathway D, TRA has almost finalised the consultation and drafting stage of the revised assessment policy. Once finalised, the policy will then undergo a clearance process which may take some weeks."

Under "old" pathway D you needed a minimum 6 years experience and it is expected that the new pathway d will be stricter tho not sure how yet.

Like many - we are in limbo until we hear anything........good luck!!!!

Nicky
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:18 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I have made the comments that are being attributed to me.

Rather, my view is:

1. That I'll believe it when I see it (which is not to say an assessment process for time served tradies will never return - rather that I fail to see how the issues that gave rise to its removal can be easily resolved without involving a protracted assessment process), and

2. If there is a choice between waiting for a Government Department (ie TRA) to take action and taking some positive action myself I would almost always tend to the latter. That's why we are looking at the workplace assessment/AQF Certificate III/Skill Pathway E strategy:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=442

Best regards.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
I don't think I have made the comments that are being attributed to me.

Rather, my view is:

1. That I'll believe it when I see it (which is not to say an assessment process for time served tradies will never return - rather that I fail to see how the issues that gave rise to its removal can be easily resolved without involving a protracted assessment process), and

2. If there is a choice between waiting for a Government Department (ie TRA) to take action and taking some positive action myself I would almost always tend to the latter. That's why we are looking at the workplace assessment/AQF Certificate III/Skill Pathway E strategy:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=442

Best regards.
Hi Alan,

Apologies if I spoke out of turn regarding your comments about Pathway D.

Pathway D as we know it will probably not return so my quote about your comments are not off base. There may be some form of unqualified route in the future but who knows when and what that will be.

But those unlucky ones who got caught by this will be waiting with baited breathe I am sure, so I hope something is sorted and quickly!