Can some answer my qustions please x

Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Miss G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can some answer my qustions please x

Hey there, I'm new to this so forgive me for any mistakes.

Like many, myself, partner and 7mth old daughter are desperately wanting to emigrate 'down under'.
Queensland looks like it would suit us but we still have a lot of unanswered questions.
My partner is 28 yrs old and a qualified motor mechanic with 15yrs experience working for 'Vauxhell'.
All I have is NVQ2 working in a clinical environment for 10 years, also have just received my certificates allowing me to work as a Nail Technician.

Looks like a lot of you guys have relevant experience so am hoping you will be able to answer my questions.

1. I understand my partner will be the visa holder but what kind of visa suits us?

2. What are the average weekly/monthly earnings for a motor mechanic in QLD

3. Do you have to pay for nursery fees?

4. If my partner was to get sponsorship how does this work? Do you get the job first then apply for visa? or apply for visa then get sponsor?

5. If my partner does get a visa does that mean myself and our baby daughter do to?

6. In QLD what will our daily expenses add up to?

7. My partner was born in Africa and came to England when he was 8, he is now a british citizen, will this effect our visa application in any way?

8. Does anybody have previous experiences shipping house contents to Oz? If so how much were your quotes approx?

9. I understand there are many visas but depending on what you think suits us how long on average is the process?

10. How much do visas cost?

11. How much do 2 bedroom apartments/house rent for in coastal areas in queensland rent for approx?

12. Are there many beauty salons in QLD that have Nail Tech's available?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can some answer my qustions please x

Originally Posted by Miss G
Hey there, I'm new to this so forgive me for any mistakes.

Like many, myself, partner and 7mth old daughter are desperately wanting to emigrate 'down under'.
Queensland looks like it would suit us but we still have a lot of unanswered questions.
My partner is 28 yrs old and a qualified motor mechanic with 15yrs experience working for 'Vauxhell'.
All I have is NVQ2 working in a clinical environment for 10 years, also have just received my certificates allowing me to work as a Nail Technician.

Looks like a lot of you guys have relevant experience so am hoping you will be able to answer my questions.

1. I understand my partner will be the visa holder but what kind of visa suits us?
<<snip>>
4. If my partner was to get sponsorship how does this work? Do you get the job first then apply for visa? or apply for visa then get sponsor?

5. If my partner does get a visa does that mean myself and our baby daughter do to?

<<snip>>
7. My partner was born in Africa and came to England when he was 8, he is now a british citizen, will this effect our visa application in any way?

<<snip>>

9. I understand there are many visas but depending on what you think suits us how long on average is the process?

10. How much do visas cost?

<<snip>>
www.immi.gov.au has a visa wizard which will help you to work otu what you may be eligible for, or you can contact a registered agent - most will do an initial consultation for free.
Each visa has a different cost, and the charges are also listed on www.immi.gov.au

The questions that I have "snipped" would be better answeed in the Liefestyle forum here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54
Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

My partner is 28 yrs old and a qualified motor mechanic with 15yrs experience
Just curious, How old was your partner when he started working?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have a quick run at the visa related questions or you:

1- Usually the best visa is a permanent 175 visa for which you must score at least 120 points and meet other requirements like have at least 12 months paid skilled experience of 20 hours per week or more in the 2 years prior to making the visa application - you must also have an approved skilsl assessment - a practical assessment for UK resident motor mechanics.

Subject to passing a practical skills assessment as a motor mechanic and working as such for at least 3 of the last 4 years for paid employment of 20 hours per week or more, he would probably score 30 points for age, 60 for skills, 10 for 3 years specific experience, 15 for English and 15 for being on demand list. A total of 130. If it was a typo and he did not start work at the tender age of 13 even if he is aged 38, he should still score the required 120 points.

Processing of the visa shoudl also be swift as his occupation is on the Critical Skills List.

4- no need for sponsorship from government or employer for the 175 visa

5 - Your husband applies for a visa and includes his family, you and any children in that visa. As long as he meets all the requirements, you will meet by just proving you are his wife and the children are your children. All teh family has to meet medical requirements and if one of you fails, you all fail the visa.

7 - holding a British passport guarantees him 15 points for English so they will not ask he sits an IELTS test - They may do an extra security check if he is born, and his parents come from Africa.

8 - Before you can apply for the visa, your husband needs to get through teh skills assessment - this is a 2 stage process, a written application followed by a practical test - it can easily take 6 months to get through this first stage before you apply for the visa. Visa processing should not take more than 6 months as Mechanic is on the Critical list but who knows how fast they will be processing in 6 months time ?

10 - Two stage VETASSESS skilsl assessment for motor mechanics costs A$2,100 then you have Visa application fee of A$2,105, medicals and police say about £600 - so not much change out of £3,000 without paying a Registered Migration Agent.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896