Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can secondary applicant be first to enter Oz?

Can secondary applicant be first to enter Oz?

Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice
Default Can secondary applicant be first to enter Oz?

We are in Perth on a 457 and have just had our Pre-grant email for 176 visa.

I am the primary applicant.

My Mum has had a sudden deterioration in her health, and so we may need to go back to UK.

Can my partner and children return to Oz and validate their PR 176 visa's before me, as I may have to remain in the UK for a longer period of time?

It states on the email that we all have to be out of Oz at the same time in order for ouir visa to be granted, but doesn't state whether we all have to activate our visa's by returning to Oz together.

Louise
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can secondary applicant be first to enter Oz?

Originally Posted by indalo
We are in Perth on a 457 and have just had our Pre-grant email for 176 visa.

I am the primary applicant.

My Mum has had a sudden deterioration in her health, and so we may need to go back to UK.

Can my partner and children return to Oz and validate their PR 176 visa's before me, as I may have to remain in the UK for a longer period of time?

It states on the email that we all have to be out of Oz at the same time in order for ouir visa to be granted, but doesn't state whether we all have to activate our visa's by returning to Oz together.

Louise
unless the visa is mising the usual "must not enter before primary appicant" clause, you will need to come back here first.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
unless the visa is mising the usual "must not enter before primary appicant" clause, you will need to come back here first.
Thanks for your reply, I should have realised the visa would have a clause like that attached to it, I'll have to try and contact DIAC on Monday and discuss our options.

Louise
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

As it's not yet been granted, you may be able to get them to grant it without that condition. We explained our situation - that hubby was hoping for an interview shortly but I would need to work out my notice before heading for Oz (I was the main applicant) - and the visa was issued without any mention of me having to go first. As long as you have a valid reason and contact DIMA before the visa is granted, you will probably be OK.

Last edited by louie; Mar 29th 2008 at 11:47 am. Reason: typo!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louie
As it's not yet been granted, you may be able to get them to grant it without that condition. We explained our situation - that hubby was hoping for an interview shortly but I would need to work out my notice before heading for Oz (I was the main applicant) - and the visa was issued without any mention of me having to go first. As long as you have a valid reason and contact DIMA before the visa is granted, you will probably be OK.
Thanks, Louie,

I'll get in touch with Immi and see if they can help.

Louise