Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can i do medical before lodging 175 online?

Wikiposts

Can i do medical before lodging 175 online?

Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about
Default Can i do medical before lodging 175 online?

Hi,

Is it necessary to lodge online 175 application before doing medical? Or medical can be done first and then online app can be submitted?

Thanks!!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:42 am
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all
Default Re: Can i do medical before lodging 175 online?

We booked and completed our medicals before submitting our visa application (176, but practically the same as a 175).

I asked that the doctors keep hold of the results until I submitted my application. We had our medicals nearly a month ago. I got the results of my skills assessment last friday and lodged the visa application friday night.

I called the doctors yesterday and told them my TRN number. They added it to our paper work and (hopefully) have sent it off.

Technically, you get 'personalised' forms to complete after submitting your visa, but these are exactly the same as the standard ones that you can download - they just have your name etc and TRN already filled in.

Don't be too early though! As they are only valid for one year, and the date that your visa must be validated is generated as the date one year from the date of the medicals (or police checks if they came first).

Last edited by Simon.and.Kate; Dec 4th 2007 at 9:45 am.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks! Actually I was thinking same that would ask doctor to hold the papers untill I submit online app. However, I am not sure whether he will agree to do this? In your case, did you insisted doctor or he simply agrees in first go?

Secondly, where he will put TRN number? Is there any field for entering TRN or he will write on top of envelop?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Verndownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi just reading your thread.

I have just completed 175 and going to get certified next week. But havn't arranged police checks or meds.

Is it advisable to start the process as soon as visa app sent then?

I have read previously that once they request the meds and police checks you only have 28 days, which doesn't seem alot when waiting appointments and reports from doctors etc.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tracey
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by peace19
Hi,

Is it necessary to lodge online 175 application before doing medical? Or medical can be done first and then online app can be submitted?

Thanks!!
There's nothing to stop you getting your meds done before lodging. The forms actually ask if you have submitted an application yet. If you tick 'no' they will file them away and match them up with the application once lodged.

As a matter of interest, we never ask our skilled migration clients to undergo meds before they are requested by the case officer because of the limited validity period.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 6:39 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by peace19
Thanks! Actually I was thinking same that would ask doctor to hold the papers untill I submit online app. However, I am not sure whether he will agree to do this? In your case, did you insisted doctor or he simply agrees in first go?

Secondly, where he will put TRN number? Is there any field for entering TRN or he will write on top of envelop?
The TRN number goes in the 'office use' box on the front page.

It wasn't really the doctor that agreed to it, more the admin staff at the doctors. Phone them and ask before you book.