Can I apply without a reference?

Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:39 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I apply without a reference?

Hello everyone,

I have asked my line manager before xmas for a reference so I can apply for my skills assessment with ANC. Despite my repeated reminders the reference hasn't appeared. He has said he will do it today (although I have heard this one before). Now I want to get my skills assessment off this week as I am fed up with the process being delayed. Can I just apply to have my skills assessed without it? I have a very good ref from my previous employer will that do?

Thanks very much,

Jackie x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

draper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nice
Default Re: Can I apply without a reference?

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hello everyone,

I have asked my line manager before xmas for a reference so I can apply for my skills assessment with ANC. Despite my repeated reminders the reference hasn't appeared. He has said he will do it today (although I have heard this one before). Now I want to get my skills assessment off this week as I am fed up with the process being delayed. Can I just apply to have my skills assessed without it? I have a very good ref from my previous employer will that do?

Thanks very much,

Jackie x
Could you ask the person "above" the line manager? Maybe they will give the line manager a gentle shove!!
Otherwise why not do a stat dec for your current post?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:11 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by draper5
Could you ask the person "above" the line manager? Maybe they will give the line manager a gentle shove!!
Otherwise why not do a stat dec for your current post?
Hi Draper,

thanks for the reply.

He is the big Boss, next one up is Director of Nursing who doesn't know me from Adam! lol. Could do stat dec. would this be accepted?

Jackie
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

draper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nice

Hi Draper,

thanks for the reply.

He is the big Boss, next one up is Director of Nursing who doesn't know me from Adam! lol. Could do stat dec. would this be accepted?

Jackie
I'm new to all this really, as we are just trying to get references together for my husbands TRA application. The problem is he's self employed/worked for people who are no longer around/unable to give references and we were told that in that case we had to do a stat dec. So I'd have thought the situation is similar in that you can't get a reference. Obviously all your work details will be on the form too and if they want to contact your employer then the Big Boss will have to speak to them!
Maybe someone else knows more for sure, but good luck anyway.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:25 pm
Living the Dream!

I'm new to all this really, as we are just trying to get references together for my husbands TRA application. The problem is he's self employed/worked for people who are no longer around/unable to give references and we were told that in that case we had to do a stat dec. So I'd have thought the situation is similar in that you can't get a reference. Obviously all your work details will be on the form too and if they want to contact your employer then the Big Boss will have to speak to them!
Maybe someone else knows more for sure, but good luck anyway.
Thank you. I could always send the ref on later I suppose, when he gets round to doing it. I'm hoping he will have done it today though - fingers crossed!

Where are you heading draper? We are hoping to go to Brissy!

Jackie
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. I could always send the ref on later I suppose, when he gets round to doing it. I'm hoping he will have done it today though - fingers crossed!

Where are you heading draper? We are hoping to go to Brissy!

Jackie
Don't really know. Except not Melbourne or Sydney!
The hubby and sons are into motocross, so that could be a deciding factor - wherever the most tracks/clubs are!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:30 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Thanks very much,

Jackie x
Thats terrible Jackie...cant you ask someone else to do it for you ( doesnt have to be the manager)

I have sent all my stuff off today including refernce which i asked for a week ago....maybe they want rid of me quick !!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:31 pm
Living the Dream!

Don't really know. Except not Melbourne or Sydney!
The hubby and sons are into motocross, so that could be a deciding factor - wherever the most tracks/clubs are!
Sorry for the ignorance...what is motocross? is it like ralley driving or something?

Good luck with your application by the way.

Jackie
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry for the ignorance...what is motocross? is it like ralley driving or something?

Good luck with your application by the way.

Jackie
Thanks.
Motocross is off road motorcycling. The kids start racing when they're about 6 and never really grow out of it!!
I've been told that around Perth you can just drive an hour out of city and ride trails across the bush all day, so sounds ideal for the lads. Unlike here where it's an hour to a practice track and then you might get a 45 minute slot if you're lucky - and it costs each time too!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Hello everyone,

Thanks very much,

Jackie x
My advise is write your own reference and get your line manager to read and sign it. I had the same problem!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:07 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by charlie brown
My advise is write your own reference and get your line manager to read and sign it. I had the same problem!
In this instance charlie brown, it would not be appropriate for me to do that. Thanks anyway.
Jackie x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:09 pm
Living the Dream!

Thanks.
Motocross is off road motorcycling. The kids start racing when they're about 6 and never really grow out of it!!
I've been told that around Perth you can just drive an hour out of city and ride trails across the bush all day, so sounds ideal for the lads. Unlike here where it's an hour to a practice track and then you might get a 45 minute slot if you're lucky - and it costs each time too!

Wow that sounds like fun! would love to have a go at something like that.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Wow that sounds like fun! would love to have a go at something like that.
Well you never know...if we both manage to get these references sorted... one day when we're all in Oz you can come and have a go!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:57 am
Living the Dream!

Well you never know...if we both manage to get these references sorted... one day when we're all in Oz you can come and have a go!
might hold you to that draper!

Still no reference by the way!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

might hold you to that draper!

Still no reference by the way!
Fingers crossed you will get it eventually!
This morning I chased up a reference request for a big Housing company my husband was an assistant site manager for in 1992 and they said they had posted it two weeks ago....to Australia!!! Still at least they'd done it, even though I had to ask them for another copy for us as DIMIA have no idea who we are yet!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.