Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can I apply student visa if my 485 GSM visa is refused ?

Can I apply student visa if my 485 GSM visa is refused ?

Old May 4th 2012, 8:55 am
Just Joined

rkheera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I apply student visa if my 485 GSM visa is refused ?

Hi, my question is what happens if I apply 485 visa and gets refused in any circumstance, is there any chance to apply for a student visa even after refusal of 485 visa or do I need to leave the country immediately after the refusal of application please suggest me...
Old May 4th 2012, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I apply student visa if my 485 GSM visa is refused ?

Is there a reason you are expecting it to be refused? As long as you met all the requirements at time of application you will have no problem. My 485 took about 18 months to come through.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Is there a reason you are expecting it to be refused? As long as you met all the requirements at time of application you will have no problem. My 485 took about 18 months to come through.
Well I have my IELTS 6 in each band and I have positive skills assessment outcome ready but the only problem is 2yr study Pumpkin I think you know about my 2yr study eligibility

I have studied 1year in DIPLOMA of BUSINESS ADMINSTRATION at strathfield college in Sydney which is a 52 weeks course and I have studied 6 months course in certificate IV in MARKETING at Kingston International college in Perth (24 weeks) and 6 months course in DIPLOMA of MARKETING at Kingston International college in Perth (27 weeks) in total 103 weeks of study in two different colleges and different places.
Old May 4th 2012, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhhh yes. So are you on a student visa at the moment, or bridging visa a? I think you get 28 days to sort yourself out on bridging visa a. Just have a read of the student visa eligible visas to see if you need to be on a substantive visa to apply.
Old May 4th 2012, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Ahhhhh yes. So are you on a student visa at the moment, or bridging visa a? I think you get 28 days to sort yourself out on bridging visa a. Just have a read of the student visa eligible visas to see if you need to be on a substantive visa to apply.
bridging visa A
Old May 4th 2012, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Currently I am on a 572 student visa and if I apply for 485 GSM I will be on bridging visa and when Case Officer is allocated and refuses my application because of 2yr study requirement is not matchable in this case if my application will be declined and I will be having 28 days to depart Australia within this 28 days can I apply for a student visa application.
Old May 4th 2012, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

So you haven't applied yet?
If you have the positive skills assessment I would probably give it a go.

But to be honest, you are probably best off paying a migration agent to find out one way or the other. I think they are advertising the 485 as taking a year at the moment. If you work for that year they might say you have to study the full two years over again (which it is possible they might anyway).

Can I ask why you didn't just book onto a two year course in the first place if pr was your goal?
Old May 5th 2012, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

So you haven't applied yet?
If you have the positive skills assessment I would probably give it a go.

But to be honest, you are probably best off paying a migration agent to find out one way or the other. I think they are advertising the 485 as taking a year at the moment. If you work for that year they might say you have to study the full two years over again (which it is possible they might anyway).

Can I ask why you didn't just book onto a two year course in the first place if pr was your goal?
I have no idea about immigration rules at that point I just came to know about immigration rules when I struck at 2yr study requirement....