Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can I apply for PR (885) with old SOL before 1st July?

Can I apply for PR (885) with old SOL before 1st July?

Old May 20th 2010, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can I apply for PR (885) with old SOL before 1st July?

Originally Posted by adeel.zafar
She was not. After changes on 1st January 2010, valid positive skills assessment (not just the proof of having applied for skills assessment) is required to apply for 885 visa. But 485 visa does allow you to apply without skills assessment result but with the proof of application. After expiration of her student visa, this was a logical step. I think more and more students are now going for this option. Please please prove me wrong on this, it will be a huge relief.
Well if that is the only reason she has had to be on the 485, then as long as she gets her positive skills assessment then she will be fine to apply for the 885 as soon as she gets it.

As double00 has already said, she should get everything else in order now for the application and start getting it filled in as she only has around 5 weeks to get the application in. I would also suggest she contacts the assessing body and explain the situation and see if they can get her skills assessment to her ASAP.

Fingers crossed it all works out for her!
Mandy
Old May 20th 2010, 5:26 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandyp
Well if that is the only reason she has had to be on the 485, then as long as she gets her positive skills assessment then she will be fine to apply for the 885 as soon as she gets it.

As double00 has already said, she should get everything else in order now for the application and start getting it filled in as she only has around 5 weeks to get the application in. I would also suggest she contacts the assessing body and explain the situation and see if they can get her skills assessment to her ASAP.

Fingers crossed it all works out for her!
Mandy
Oh thats right, contacting assessing body is a good idea... Lets hope for the best Thanks for your support
Old May 20th 2010, 5:30 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by double00
If she applied for EA assessment then it will b touch n go for her coz usually EA are taking 16 weeks so I suggest u to start getting her docs ready.
Yes its EA assessment, and things will be really close to deadline. Everything else is ready, same documents were required for 485. Only skills assessment result is pending. Lets hope she can get it before 1st July. Thanks for the advice.