Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

can anyone help with a medical question pleeeeeze

can anyone help with a medical question pleeeeeze

Old Oct 3rd 2004, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice
Unhappy can anyone help with a medical question pleeeeeze

Hi there,

I wonder if there is anyone there who can give us some guidance and or advice on a medical matter.

We got a positive skills assessment in Sept 04, now we are just getting the documentation together for the skilled independant visa application. Yesterday my husband went for a routine occcupational medical and the GP by chance found blood in his urine and wants to investigate further.

Does anyone know if we should hang fire with the visa application until we know whats what, or apply and in the health section state what has been found and what investigations are taking place.

My husband in otherwise very fit and healthy and I wonder on what grounds a visa would not be granted due to medical reasons

I would be very grateful of any help anyone can give

Worried Bex66
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 5:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can anyone help with a medical question pleeeeeze

Originally Posted by bex 66
Hi there,

I wonder if there is anyone there who can give us some guidance and or advice on a medical matter.

We got a positive skills assessment in Sept 04, now we are just getting the documentation together for the skilled independant visa application. Yesterday my husband went for a routine occcupational medical and the GP by chance found blood in his urine and wants to investigate further.
Without knowing what the condition is it's impossible to even speculate whether it will impact on your application.

Whether you choose to apply now or later depends on your circumstances.

In terms of criteria to refuse a visa, they have a rule of thumb of AUD20k in costs over a 5 year period *or* public health (if disease is contagious) *or* prejudicing scarce resources such as supply or organs for transplant.

'Costs' include community support costs as well as regular medical costs.

If you need more detailed advice on the options and issues, you need to hire a *good* migration agent.

Jeremy
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice
Default Re: can anyone help with a medical question pleeeeeze

Thanks alot for your help, we have a migration agent so will contact them first thing in the morning.

If anyone else has any similiar experience would like to hear from you

Bex 66
Originally Posted by JAJ
Without knowing what the condition is it's impossible to even speculate whether it will impact on your application.

Whether you choose to apply now or later depends on your circumstances.

In terms of criteria to refuse a visa, they have a rule of thumb of AUD20k in costs over a 5 year period *or* public health (if disease is contagious) *or* prejudicing scarce resources such as supply or organs for transplant.

'Costs' include community support costs as well as regular medical costs.

If you need more detailed advice on the options and issues, you need to hire a *good* migration agent.

Jeremy