can anyone help on a medical question?

Old Dec 27th 2008, 12:00 pm
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future
Default can anyone help on a medical question?

Hi All

I am finding out some information for a cousin of mine, he would like to move to Australia, he is 42 years of age and a chef, but the only thing that is holding him back is his wife. She has a condition called takayasus arteritis, which bought on a stroke due to the inflamation in her arteries a couple years ago. She controls it by medication and is recovering really well.

He would be coming out on his visa, and she wouldn't be working, they have 2children too.

Does anyone know what the chances are of them coming out with her condition? or know anyone who has the same condition? or who he would be able to ask to find out?

Are people still able to come out to australia if they have had a stroke?

your replies will be appreciated

Starlite x
Old Dec 27th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: can anyone help on a medical question?

I am not a migration agent/expert but I am a GP. I suspect the issue for them is unlikely to be the stroke she has had already but the long term risk of future health problems from the Takayasu's because it can be a recurring condition.

I have no idea if she would meet the health requirements for a permanent visa to Australia.

I would suggest that your cousin seeks advice from an agent with experience of difficult medical cases. Takayasu's arteritis is a rare condition so you will likely get the best advice from an agent who has doctors that they consult with.

Originally Posted by Starlite
Hi All

I am finding out some information for a cousin of mine, he would like to move to Australia, he is 42 years of age and a chef, but the only thing that is holding him back is his wife. She has a condition called takayasus arteritis, which bought on a stroke due to the inflamation in her arteries a couple years ago. She controls it by medication and is recovering really well.

He would be coming out on his visa, and she wouldn't be working, they have 2children too.

Does anyone know what the chances are of them coming out with her condition? or know anyone who has the same condition? or who he would be able to ask to find out?

Are people still able to come out to australia if they have had a stroke?

your replies will be appreciated

Starlite x

Last edited by mvt550; Dec 27th 2008 at 8:04 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 12:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

A migration agent called Peter Bollard is probably the best person to ask - here. Good luck.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:53 am
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future

Thanks very much both of you