CAn anyone help????

Old Nov 12th 2009, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

samlee31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CAn anyone help????

Hi,

Got a few questions, have put in my DIY application for 885 in early Aug, had everything like health and police done, assessment of my qualifications came through last week (have been studying for two years).

1. Can anyone please confirm (I am a little confused) the Aus work experience of 20 hrs min for 12 months, can this be done during the time spent studying subject to having a job for exactly 20 hrs per week (no more no less). When I applied I am sure I read it could... I have since been reading some threads that say different and say it has to be post study and pre application for visa date???? if this is the case how do they suggest you get this years work experience if your student visa runs out and you only have 6 months to apply for you PR!!!! I don't think the new 485 temp visa was out when I was sorting my application.

2. if this is the case and it is post study, is there anyway they will take into account the work that is done in the next two years (that is the wait now with this new priority processing, i think!!)

3. and if this is the case I have made a big mistake and will kick myself very hard :-)....Can your visa application be changed?? from 885 to 485 (i only have one month left before it will be 6 months after I have finished my study course!! HELP!!!

I hope I have made sense and any suggestions would be greatly accepted.
Can I just mention I really feel for those people with kids at school and have to pay fees for another two years....I only have one boy at kindy which is expensive enough when you are just temporary for another 2 years!!

P.S by losing the Aus work experience I lose 10 points which brings me from 125 to 115.....I have been working here for 2.5 years in the same field that my application is for, my occupation is not on the csl or modl (Dam!!)

Thanks heaps
A very much coming to her wits end SAm