Can anyone advise me on a move to aus??

Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

rockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nice
Default Can anyone advise me on a move to aus??

Hi guys found this site while googling on info for imigration to australia!!

Looks like ive found a decent one at last!

At the moment im 21 and im a qualified plumber, ive lived in torquay all my life and ive decided ive had enough of this town and want to move to australia, i plan to move over about september 2008, as im doing a level 3 NVQ plumbing course and that includes CORGI gas ticket as well!! Plus ive got a loan to pay off as well!! I realy like the look of brisbane as a friend moved there about 3 weeks ago and he's sent me pictures and sent a few emails and i want some!!

I would ask him about it all but i think his dad arranged it all for him so he's a bit cloudy over it all!! Could i just pack my bags, get a visa and book a ticket and get a job out there?? Ive heard theres a demand for plumbers, but can anyone actualy back that up!!

Thanks in advance

Ash
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:16 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone advise me on a move to aus??

Originally Posted by rockoncamel
Hi guys found this site while googling on info for imigration to australia!!

Looks like ive found a decent one at last!

At the moment im 21 and im a qualified plumber, ive lived in torquay all my life and ive decided ive had enough of this town and want to move to australia, i plan to move over about september 2008, as im doing a level 3 NVQ plumbing course and that includes CORGI gas ticket as well!! Plus ive got a loan to pay off as well!! I realy like the look of brisbane as a friend moved there about 3 weeks ago and he's sent me pictures and sent a few emails and i want some!!

I would ask him about it all but i think his dad arranged it all for him so he's a bit cloudy over it all!! Could i just pack my bags, get a visa and book a ticket and get a job out there?? Ive heard theres a demand for plumbers, but can anyone actualy back that up!!

Thanks in advance

Ash
The whole process takes quite a while Ash, you have to get your skills assessed, do your visa application, get medicals done, and police checks.

One or two of the agents will be up and about soon on the forum so it might be worth contacting them.

Just to get an initial assessment really, and you can get all the info you need.

I think you are young, enthusiastic, you have no ties so go for it. Its nice to see someone who isn't afraid to try something.

Good luck.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

rockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nicerockoncamel is just really nice

Thanks, i realy cant wait to get out this place!!

If i was thinking of september 2008, would it be worth applying for my visa now and getting checks done ect ect as it is only 18 months time i guess, which will probobaly only feel like 10 minutes!!!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:23 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockoncamel
Thanks, i realy cant wait to get out this place!!

If i was thinking of september 2008, would it be worth applying for my visa now and getting checks done ect ect as it is only 18 months time i guess, which will probobaly only feel like 10 minutes!!!
I know you have to have so many years experience as a plumber, but I couldnt tell you any more.

Defo worth asking one of the agents, George Lombard will be on here soon I expect, ask him.

It isnt a quick process, so now would be good to start really. The medicals and police checks are the final hurdle.

Use the waiting time wisely to save as much cash as you can and don't allow yourself to get sidetracked along the way. As you have a while to go, remember alot can happen in 18 months, so stay focused.

Hope it all works out for you.