calling all electrical engeneers

Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Post calling all electrical engeneers

my partner work's in the uk for n grid as an engeneer (sorry spelling not my finest point ) wants to know how you emergrated and what jobs you got especially any one who worked for ng in the uk
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

sandhu1857 will become famous soon enoughsandhu1857 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: calling all electrical engeneers

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
my partner work's in the uk for n grid as an engeneer (sorry spelling not my finest point ) wants to know how you emergrated and what jobs you got especially any one who worked for ng in the uk
Well ur partner can apply under 136 subclass visa . The requirements are an engineering degree of four years and three years of full time experience in the same field . The electrical engineering is also on skill shortage list . So there are extra points and 2 months of time saving . thats all i can say . because i know upto this only because i have applied in july and waiting . After reaching there i can help more .
Old Feb 1st 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

partner has not got degree has hnc plus 11 yrs plus will this count against him????? has got loads of hv qualifications and saftey qualifications which are reconginised in au. how long will it be before you get in????

do you work for grid????
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

partner has not got degree has hnc plus 11 yrs plus will this count against him
Is his HNC accredited by the Engineering Council UK for Sydney Accord purposes?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

RachandGarry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ
Is his HNC accredited by the Engineering Council UK for Sydney Accord purposes?
Hi Hitchcock71,

I have nothing to do with ElecEng at all, but just wanted to offer some advice on verifying qualifications here in the UK. If you have already done this, or are aware of this then I apologise for repeating it - please disregard it.

Go to the Engineering Council of UK website:

http://www.engc.org.uk/registration/acad/search.aspx

and check on there if your partner's HNC qualification is accredited. You need to do know which course he did and at what college/poly/uni. Type the keywords like electrical engineering in, and click on HNC in the second section then search. When it comes up, it will have the various locations. Once you've found the place he studied click on it and it should tell you there if it is accredited or not, and to what eligibility level.

In the end, I just phoned them using the number on their website and they told me if my DH degree was accredited or not.

If you need any more help with that part of this discussion please pm me or post here - the rest I can't help with, but the ECUK bit I can!

Good luck
Rachel
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks will get partner togo on site when he gets home .and will let you know. are you trying to go to au????
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

thanks will get partner togo on site when he gets home .and will let you know. are you trying to go to au????
Hi,

'Trying' being the operative word, lol.

DH has a degree but not the one he would need to do what he wants. There are a couple of ways around it, but they are significantly harder.

I just keep asking myself how much I want it - if the effort is too much then I obviously don't want it enough. The hard bit, in my opinion, is the fear involved; fear we might not pass medicals, fear he might not be qualified enough, fear they will lose our papers, fear we might not get a job etc... They are all psychological hurdles to overcome - and I'm genuinely trying to adopt the positive attitude that "It will be fine! If we want to go, we can do it!"

Still very much at the planning stages though. We're off for a vacation there in 12 weeks, yipppeeeee!!

Regards
Rachel
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

hi rach
know what you mean about if you want it enough ,what happens if you fail medicals etc i would find that really hard. as he wants it so bad...

where are you going in 3 months???? we are going in june to perth for 3 weeks however it will be winter
but we are going to do the trainee expat thing and not stay in a hotel but a 2 bed apartment and then we will see if it really is for us.
i think we have to do this as we have 2 very small people to consider .
but are main reason for moving is for the small poeple to have a better life than here

do you know where you would want to move to if you got your visa's??? have you actually applied for you visa yet?

sorry so many questions for you

speak soon hitchcock
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

hi rach
know what you mean about if you want it enough ,what happens if you fail medicals etc i would find that really hard. as he wants it so bad...

where are you going in 3 months???? we are going in june to perth for 3 weeks however it will be winter
but we are going to do the trainee expat thing and not stay in a hotel but a 2 bed apartment and then we will see if it really is for us.
i think we have to do this as we have 2 very small people to consider .
but are main reason for moving is for the small poeple to have a better life than here

do you know where you would want to move to if you got your visa's??? have you actually applied for you visa yet?

sorry so many questions for you

speak soon hitchcock
I live for questions, don't worry!

Your trainee ex-pat thing sounds fun, hope you have a lovely time!

We're off to Sydney then Brisbane (both only for a couple of days) then on up to Bundaberg on the Sunshine Coast where my step-family are (love me to bits but too far from DH bloodline to sponsor, grrrrrrr) so we will stay with them for 3 weeks then come back from Sydney. It won't be a luxury holiday, as we are also trying to do the trainee ex-pat thing. They have a small house, no pool etc so we'll be in a caravan on their land. We are taking our 6 month old son so I'm DREADING the flight, lol!

There is something I love about most places in Australia so I wouldn't really mind where we moved to if we got a visa, would totally depend where the work is. We've not applied yet at all. We're getting Garry's skills assessed before we go and if we like it on holiday, we will look for a sponsor when we return.

Whereabouts in Essex are you? We used to live in Church Langley, near Harlow.

Rachel x