Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet? (Part two.....)

Business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet? (Part two.....)

Old May 19th 2010, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

lynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nicelynn2009 is just really nice
Default Re: Business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet? (Part two.....)

Originally Posted by BM615
easily - we had bupa cover in the uk so we applied to HBA, which is part of bupa and got continuity of cover - ie no exclusions
Hi Bryan

Thanks for your help, will look to see if we can transfer our medical cover.

Lynn
Old Jul 31st 2010, 2:14 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we've got our Citizenship Ceremony this week!!!

Must admit, it's made me feel a little melancholy - thinking of what we've been through and how much we've achieved in 5 years.

Practically (i.e business, home, everyday life etc) we're pretty settled...... emotionally..... well, I still don't know. But that's more down to us rather than Australia.

Emigration has left me with a little wunderlust, I think - always that feeling in the back of your mind that there might be something / somewhere better out there and if we've started our lives from scratch once before, what's to stop us doing it again? We could travel the world collecting Citizenships
Although when I look in the mirror I realise that the last five years have aged me drastically and perhaps I should just be satisfied!

Hope everyone's OK - wherever they may be on their journeys.

Jules x
Old Jul 31st 2010, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by julesandco
Well, we've got our Citizenship Ceremony this week!!!

Must admit, it's made me feel a little melancholy - thinking of what we've been through and how much we've achieved in 5 years.

Practically (i.e business, home, everyday life etc) we're pretty settled...... emotionally..... well, I still don't know. But that's more down to us rather than Australia.

Emigration has left me with a little wunderlust, I think - always that feeling in the back of your mind that there might be something / somewhere better out there and if we've started our lives from scratch once before, what's to stop us doing it again? We could travel the world collecting Citizenships
Although when I look in the mirror I realise that the last five years have aged me drastically and perhaps I should just be satisfied!

Hope everyone's OK - wherever they may be on their journeys.

Jules x
Well Jules, Paul & sprogs,

many congratulations. And we understand exactly how you feel but we probably, at our age, won't have the opportunity again. However, we haven't ruled out a return to Europe at some stage - maybe retirement. We'd like to be closer to the snow although we aren't too sure if we will be able to ski on zimmer frames - ha.

Cheers

Bryan & Joyce
Old Aug 13th 2010, 4:20 pm
JLD
Just Joined

JLD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, what is the business for sale? and where is it?
Thanks

JLD
Old Aug 13th 2010, 4:23 pm
JLD
Just Joined

Hi all,
Aus Immi Dept have said we should get CO by end AUG. We have gone ahead and got Police Checks (all clear) and had medicals done. These have all been forwarded via Immigration & Visa Lawyers to be lodged with our file, so this should avoid any future delays getting them done.

Just checking emails daily and waiting, waiting, waiting..

JLD
Old Aug 14th 2010, 1:15 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLD
Hi, what is the business for sale? and where is it?
Thanks

JLD
Car Audio Business, Southport, Gold Coast QLD.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats joolz and co. Most of the original 163'ers seem to be very quiet these days, guess we are all settled now?

We are not too far off applying for citizenship, I know what you mean, I keep feeling itchy feet too! sometimes I think we should try another state in Australia, I also think about USA and was considering Singapore for a year when I spotted a job that would suit OH! As you say, I feel, with the familiarity that we now have, that all around us is 'home' but somehow still have to convince myself of that fully! and OH is still pretty unsettled.

Sure has been an adventure, with hindsight, not sure it was a leap we should have taken, but at the same time, don't regret it, we have acheived so much.
Old Dec 24th 2010, 2:18 pm
JLD
Just Joined

Hi All

WE HAVE FINALLY GOT OUR VISA - YIPPEEEEEE

Timeline
State Sponsorship applied May 09
State Sponsorship granted July 09
DIAC application 1st Sept 09
CO finally appointed 5th Oct 2010
Questions raised...
Answered straight away with 6 page letter and 145 documents
More questions raised...
Answered straight away - brilliant letter sent to DIAC by our Visa Lawyers
Finally CO accepts the legal argument and Visa Grant letter given 14th Dec 2010

It took us 21 months and we had State Sponsorship and were using Visa Lawyers.
WHAT AN ORDEAL !!!

Good news is that container goes on Jan 11th and we fly to Perth on Jan 18th, just in time for our child to take up her Academic Scholarship starting 31st Jan 2010 - PHEW !!! cutting it fine there !

We cannot speak highly enough of the Visa Lawyers - Bill Gamack, www.australianmigrations.com
they were absolutely brilliant all through this application.

We sold our business and house back in February 2010 so its been a lot longer than we were led to believe if you read the published timeframe on Immi website.

We pre-loaded our medicals, done on Aug 2nd and also did our police checks at the sametime to save further delay.

So excited now.... just can't wait.

We hope the timeline above helps others with guessing their situation on timing.

Happy Christmas to all

See you all in OZ xx
Old Dec 24th 2010, 9:47 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you and your family
All the best for your new life down under.

oh... and A Very Merry Xmas

Suni & Jay
Old Dec 31st 2010, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations - what a great Xmas present for you. If you need any assistance on arrival in Perth, there are quite a few of us here - just send me a pm.

Oh, and happy new year in your new life.

Bryan & Joyce

Originally Posted by JLD
Hi All

WE HAVE FINALLY GOT OUR VISA - YIPPEEEEEE

Timeline
State Sponsorship applied May 09
State Sponsorship granted July 09
DIAC application 1st Sept 09
CO finally appointed 5th Oct 2010
Questions raised...
Answered straight away with 6 page letter and 145 documents
More questions raised...
Answered straight away - brilliant letter sent to DIAC by our Visa Lawyers
Finally CO accepts the legal argument and Visa Grant letter given 14th Dec 2010

It took us 21 months and we had State Sponsorship and were using Visa Lawyers.
WHAT AN ORDEAL !!!

Good news is that container goes on Jan 11th and we fly to Perth on Jan 18th, just in time for our child to take up her Academic Scholarship starting 31st Jan 2010 - PHEW !!! cutting it fine there !

We cannot speak highly enough of the Visa Lawyers - Bill Gamack, www.australianmigrations.com
they were absolutely brilliant all through this application.

We sold our business and house back in February 2010 so its been a lot longer than we were led to believe if you read the published timeframe on Immi website.

We pre-loaded our medicals, done on Aug 2nd and also did our police checks at the sametime to save further delay.

So excited now.... just can't wait.

We hope the timeline above helps others with guessing their situation on timing.

Happy Christmas to all

See you all in OZ xx
Old Dec 31st 2010, 12:29 pm
JLD
Just Joined

Hi,
Our destination is Bunbury - is there any of you near that town?
Thanks,
Julie & Peter D
Old Dec 31st 2010, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Yes indeed - well, 1 of the gang is there, I will pm their email address for you.
Originally Posted by JLD
Hi,
Our destination is Bunbury - is there any of you near that town?
Thanks,
Julie & Peter D
Old Jun 17th 2011, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

I can't believe how long its been posting on this website, still here in the USof Aand based on the property slump I will be here for some time to come. Lets here from others ????
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:03 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
I can't believe how long its been posting on this website, still here in the USof Aand based on the property slump I will be here for some time to come. Lets here from others ????
How funny - I was only on this thread the other night, having a look and reminiscing!

We're still here in WA, complete with our Aussie Citizenship and matching passports as proof.

Things are going well with the business; we've bought a unit now and have a staff member.

Had a shock in December when my Mum died and had to shoot back to the UK for ten days (and nearly got snowed in and missed Christmas). Being an only child, it's hard to have to try and co-ordinate everything from the other side of the world, but I'm getting there

Are you still planning on Oz one day, Mark?

How are things going for you guys? I bet your children are really acclimitised to the American way of life now, eh? If you do relocate, would they even want to join you?

Nice to hear from you; take care,

Jules x
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wildmark
Hey WildMark,

we are in the same position as Jules - luckily. Business is ok - weather and home life has been great - and we are just thankful we moved here when we did, it was definitely a good move.

The only downside is the distance we have to travel for good skiing. We've been to japan 3 times now but would love to ski in California or Canada again, but the journey is just a nightmare.

cheers

Bryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.