business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

di phil simmons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by rhona
Thanks to phil & di and bryan & joyce for replying. Can you tell me if its okay to present it in folios, you know the kind with holes like a ring binder but not a ring binder, o dear I think im begining to lose it now! Any ideas on the time it takes the dimia to decide after submission, as I said we have state sponsorship?
Hi Rhona,
We just sent ours loose and agree with Bryan I don't think they are too fussy as long as they get it.
Ours took about 3 months after submission, so hopefully not too long.
Take care and if you need any more help just give us a shout, we're no experts but hopefully can help
Regards
Di & Phil
Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by julesandco
When we went to see the SBDC, they were quite specific about time scales. Even though you may have reached the turnover, they still want to know that you are owning and operating the business for two years prior to sponsorship for PR I believe.

Give them a call and see what you can find out!

I don't care now how long the house takes (well, within reason!), we've bought another house that we're living in now as we couldn't stand any more hassle from the Estate Agents and we picked our puppy up on Thursday - so all is well with the world at the moment - apart from Paul still feeling shi**y from his operation, that is.

Hope you are both well. How was Canada?

Jules x
The SBDC told us (this was in our first meeting after we arrived in Oz) that they would be happy to see us after 7 BAS statements, given that it may take a while to process the application, we waited though until we had 8 as we did not buy the shop until 6 months after our other business activities started.
Nice house... who is the builder? What is the build cost if you don't mind me asking.
Steve
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:42 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveyp
The SBDC told us (this was in our first meeting after we arrived in Oz) that they would be happy to see us after 7 BAS statements, given that it may take a while to process the application, we waited though until we had 8 as we did not buy the shop until 6 months after our other business activities started.
Nice house... who is the builder? What is the build cost if you don't mind me asking.
Steve
It's a Perceptions build. Came in at $315k before finishes (which went OTT! - our fault, we know what we like and it's usually the dearest in the shop ).

Last time we popped into the display house, the salesman we dealt with said he'd just priced one smaller than ours that came in over $400!!

They're starting the plastering and rendering this week, so that'll really change the look - just hope we still like it

Jules x
Old Apr 13th 2007, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

rhona is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by di phil simmons
Hi Rhona,
We just sent ours loose and agree with Bryan I don't think they are too fussy as long as they get it.
Ours took about 3 months after submission, so hopefully not too long.
Take care and if you need any more help just give us a shout, we're no experts but hopefully can help
Regards
Di & Phil
Hi Di & Phil,
THanks for your help but can I be a pest and ask another question? Did you put in copies of your school certificates like your higher and standard grades? I had to send away for mine as I havent a clue where they are but Im getting really impatient waiting on them. They told me it would be a minimum of 4 weeks before they even looked into getting them! I've got a business record of over 10 years never been insolvent or anything and Im over the turnover and net assets okay so do you really think they would bother about them? Also any ideas on the best courier to use or who to avoid?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

di phil simmons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rhona
Hi Di & Phil,
THanks for your help but can I be a pest and ask another question? Did you put in copies of your school certificates like your higher and standard grades? I had to send away for mine as I havent a clue where they are but Im getting really impatient waiting on them. They told me it would be a minimum of 4 weeks before they even looked into getting them! I've got a business record of over 10 years never been insolvent or anything and Im over the turnover and net assets okay so do you really think they would bother about them? Also any ideas on the best courier to use or who to avoid?
Hi Rhona,
Your not a pest. We didn't send any school certs or any city & Guilds certs that Phil had got. We had trouble trying to locate copies of Phils City & Guilds so didn't send any in the end and fortunately they didn't ask for any.
With regards to the courier we just sent them 1st class delivery to our immigration officer and they got there within 5 days and didn't cost us much. Hope that helps. Any other problems or questions please let us know.
Take care Di & Phil x
Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

kev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant future

Hi

I have been following this thread for a long time now and found it very helpfull, especially with some great advice from Craig in the early days. I and my wife are at the stage of having medicals requested. I am applying for the 163, and would be interested to hear your views on the medicals and the procedure involved. We are both healthy and do not see any particular problems, but as with all of this process I am just a little worried. No reason to be really, its just getting so far and near the tension seems to rise a little.

Good luck to you all.

Regards Kevin
Old Apr 14th 2007, 12:04 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kev235
Hi

I have been following this thread for a long time now and found it very helpfull, especially with some great advice from Craig in the early days. I and my wife are at the stage of having medicals requested. I am applying for the 163, and would be interested to hear your views on the medicals and the procedure involved. We are both healthy and do not see any particular problems, but as with all of this process I am just a little worried. No reason to be really, its just getting so far and near the tension seems to rise a little.

Good luck to you all.

Regards Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Crikey its a long time since I have posted back in the days of Craig / Rogue Trader! By the way, we saw Craig and Sarah a few weeks ago and have also popped in to see them in Bunbury when we went to the Leeuwin Concert to see Simply Red in Margaret River in February. They are doing great and like us are living the dream. We still think we are on holiday every weekend!

The medicals are pretty straight forward and yes we too got a little worked up about them. It was in 2 parts, we had to get a chest xray which is for a check for TB and to check heart size is normal. Then we (including 2 young kids) had a medical with an approved DIMIA doctor. This was things like blood pressure, reflexes and an eye test, the doctor also asked various medical history questions. Oh and a urine sample, the kids found that hilarious!

So dont worry, it should be fine.

Cheers

Andrew

ps Hi to Bryan and Joyce, Paul and Jules!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Heidiboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Hi all
We got the 163 last year but due to unforseen commitments in the Uk we have not started a biz yet Hubby recons we should cancel the visa ourselves by the end of the year if we have still not got this side sorted out, but this will be our last chance as such, we wrapped up the biz a few years ago and only just managed to scrape in with the accounts (due to it having been closed for 2 years b4 applying) cos he was doing some "consulting work" now and then we met the criteria then but now he's 46 (old fart) so he would be to old to try again. He has looked into buying an established biz in oz but "boy" do they"gloss over the books like someone said b4 there are 2 types of biz's for sale here 1,Expensive and 2, bloody expensive, so he thinks "sod-it" live in EU and enjoy the hard earned cash. Worst thing for me is I WANT TO GO TO OZ
Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Heidiboo
Hi all
We got the 163 last year but due to unforseen commitments in the Uk we have not started a biz yet Hubby recons we should cancel the visa ourselves by the end of the year if we have still not got this side sorted out, but this will be our last chance as such, we wrapped up the biz a few years ago and only just managed to scrape in with the accounts (due to it having been closed for 2 years b4 applying) cos he was doing some "consulting work" now and then we met the criteria then but now he's 46 (old fart) so he would be to old to try again. He has looked into buying an established biz in oz but "boy" do they"gloss over the books like someone said b4 there are 2 types of biz's for sale here 1,Expensive and 2, bloody expensive, so he thinks "sod-it" live in EU and enjoy the hard earned cash. Worst thing for me is I WANT TO GO TO OZ
Welcome Heidboo

I got my visa when I was 52 - so you have no excuse, it's not just for the youngsters you know.

Depending on what sort of business you want, there are plenty around that can be just 1 or 2 man businesses - run them for 2 years and then get PR. Then you can just do what you wanna do, as the song goes!!

good luck

Bryan & Joyce (but she's not that old!!!)
Old Apr 15th 2007, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BM615
Welcome Heidboo

I got my visa when I was 52 - so you have no excuse, it's not just for the youngsters you know.

Depending on what sort of business you want, there are plenty around that can be just 1 or 2 man businesses - run them for 2 years and then get PR. Then you can just do what you wanna do, as the song goes!!

good luck

Hi Bryan
I agree with you regarding the age issue, but cos we/he went into "retirement" and only did the odd-job for some companies/ people in the last couple of years getting another visa would be imposable unless he bought into/or like you said buy a 1 -2 man established business. As you may have guessed he doesnt know i'm "getting him back to work" on here so any idea where i can look for a 1-2 man biz for him....just to wet his appetite so you understand
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough

Hi Bryan
I agree with you regarding the age issue, but cos we/he went into "retirement" and only did the odd-job for some companies/ people in the last couple of years getting another visa would be imposable unless he bought into/or like you said buy a 1 -2 man established business. As you may have guessed he doesnt know i'm "getting him back to work" on here so any idea where i can look for a 1-2 man biz for him....just to wet his appetite so you understand
no worries -
http://www.ngbb.com.au/results.php

http://businesssalesperth.com.au/all.asp

Here's a couple to start with

good luck

bryan
Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BM615
Welcome Heidboo

good luck

I will most probably sell mine once the PR is through in about 6 months.
Ready made PR there if you want it with decent profits to boot and 6 years trading history!
Cheers
Steve
Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Hey Bryan & Steve
with you guys helping me out i'll get the bloody old bugger out to OZ yet no looking "Business for sale " then i have a "HEADACHE"
Steve yours is JUST in the time period we have tell me more PLEASE i will defo kick his ass and tell him to have a look, has this biz of yours gained you your PR from start to finish?, oh and i better ask you to PM me regarding "costs":

Heidi (soon to kick-ass (or have BIG headache) and be in Oz)
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

kev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant futurekev235 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hi Kevin,

Crikey its a long time since I have posted back in the days of Craig / Rogue Trader! By the way, we saw Craig and Sarah a few weeks ago and have also popped in to see them in Bunbury when we went to the Leeuwin Concert to see Simply Red in Margaret River in February. They are doing great and like us are living the dream. We still think we are on holiday every weekend!

The medicals are pretty straight forward and yes we too got a little worked up about them. It was in 2 parts, we had to get a chest xray which is for a check for TB and to check heart size is normal. Then we (including 2 young kids) had a medical with an approved DIMIA doctor. This was things like blood pressure, reflexes and an eye test, the doctor also asked various medical history questions. Oh and a urine sample, the kids found that hilarious!

So dont worry, it should be fine.

Cheers

Andrew

ps Hi to Bryan and Joyce, Paul and Jules!
Hi The Vallies

Thanks Andrew for your reply to my medical question.

I remember you from the thread a couple of years ago, its amazing to think you are over there !!! I think I promised to buy Craig a beer if we made it, let him know there maybe a beer on the way.

Thanks again Andrew.

Regards Kevin
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Bryan & Steve
with you guys helping me out i'll get the bloody old bugger out to OZ yet no looking "Business for sale " then i have a "HEADACHE"
Steve yours is JUST in the time period we have tell me more PLEASE i will defo kick his ass and tell him to have a look, has this biz of yours gained you your PR from start to finish?, oh and i better ask you to PM me regarding "costs":

Heidi (soon to kick-ass (or have BIG headache) and be in Oz)
I have PM'ed you some details Heidiboo.
Cheers
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.