business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

BM615 will become famous soon enoughBM615 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Dave and Angie
Steve,
We have recently got our visa so I think I understand why you might not want to validate it during your visit in April,..... the additional 20K of luggage? As I understand the rules, to qualify you have to be emigrating to Oz hence an unused visa, and have a one way ticket.
We are in a similar situation to yourself and having got the visa evidenced, it is now in our passport. We are travelling to Oz in January with our daughter who is moving out there under her own seperate visa (so she already has her additional baggage allowance on her one way ticket - alright for some!) having helped her settle in we will then return, sell up and move out there asp. The obvious dilema is that when we do move out there for good, we will have already validated the visa. Therefore although we will have a one way ticket, our visa will be 'used'
Sounds like bad planning but we didn't expect our visa to be granted quite so quickly, and not accompanying our daughter on her move was never an option. I have spoken to Emirates about our situation and the nice lady confirmed that we wouldn't be able to score for the extra 20kg on our January return flight or our later single journey. I asked if this was a ruling by Emirates (thinking of talking them into being nice to me) but she said it was an agreement between them and the authorities that had to be followed. She suggested talking with the High Commission/Embassy to see if we could travel on an ETA visa in January and keep our 163 visa clean for when we go properly, but having gone through all the hassle to get this bit of paper I don't intend jeapordising it for a few quid! (20kg is only a medium suitcase anyway, we'll buy new clothes when we're there - it's only money! )
In a long winded answer to your question,
Applied July 10th
Granted November 17th
No Frontloading

Hope this helps,
Good luck!
Visas have a seniority so the 163 will definitely trump an ETA - so in that case the 163 will be the one in use.

When we eventually emigrated we sent our important must haves by air freight (5 star freight if I remmebr rightly). It only cost a couple of hundred for 6 big boxes including our computer and printer - and we oicked it up from Perth airport 3 days after we arrived - much less hassle than humping it and begging airliones for extra baggage allowance - or of course paying extra baggage rates.

good luck

bryan & joyce
Old Nov 30th 2006, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys. Nice to have a moan, I feel so stressed with it all.

House - Private sale, so no agent which I am now regretting. I am offering alternatives every time they want to visit, but no, it has to be their way or not at all! - prawns in the curtain hems anyone?

The employee is interested but is struggling so much to get funds, he seems to have tried all options, but only has £30k of his own. we have a couple of tire kickers around, but not moving on, so don't hold out much hope.

Like you say Nicola, we are quite against putting a manager in but are trying to think of ways to get there, I may come on my own initially if we can't sort out shop sale and Nath will tie up loose ends.

I too hope good luck is speeding its way to us!

Steve, I remember when they acknowledged our applicated they advised that sort of timescale also, so it should be less.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Dave and Angie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BM615
Visas have a seniority so the 163 will definitely trump an ETA - so in that case the 163 will be the one in use.

When we eventually emigrated we sent our important must haves by air freight (5 star freight if I remmebr rightly). It only cost a couple of hundred for 6 big boxes including our computer and printer - and we oicked it up from Perth airport 3 days after we arrived - much less hassle than humping it and begging airliones for extra baggage allowance - or of course paying extra baggage rates.

good luck

bryan & joyce
Thanks for that Bryan, sounds like a good option, I'll look into it
Old Dec 1st 2006, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by foxychic
Thanks for the replies guys. Nice to have a moan, I feel so stressed with it all.

House - Private sale, so no agent which I am now regretting. I am offering alternatives every time they want to visit, but no, it has to be their way or not at all! - prawns in the curtain hems anyone?

The employee is interested but is struggling so much to get funds, he seems to have tried all options, but only has £30k of his own. we have a couple of tire kickers around, but not moving on, so don't hold out much hope.

Like you say Nicola, we are quite against putting a manager in but are trying to think of ways to get there, I may come on my own initially if we can't sort out shop sale and Nath will tie up loose ends.

I too hope good luck is speeding its way to us!

Steve, I remember when they acknowledged our applicated they advised that sort of timescale also, so it should be less.
Have you considered taking your employees money (£30k) then financing the difference yourself?

Obviously not ideal but an option!

Mark
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

lesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant futurelesleyf has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BM615

good luck

bryan & joyce
Hi does any one know if you can work on the 163 visa? That is the main applicant? Or do you have to get a business straight away. thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lesleyf
Hi does any one know if you can work on the 163 visa? That is the main applicant? Or do you have to get a business straight away. thanks
welcome lesleyf,

you can indeed work on a 163 - the only requirement is that you satisfy the business cirteria within the 4 years.

So you can work whilst you look for a suitable business opportunity - but be very careful - there are thousands of businesses for sale that have been built on sand specifically to sell to desperate immigrants.

good luck

bryan
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wildmark
Have you considered taking your employees money (£30k) then financing the difference yourself?

Obviously not ideal but an option!

Mark
Hi Mark, we have considered it and indeed are looking at an option just now of us part financing, HOWEVER, the chuffing house has now fallen through after the saga of last week, and ANOTHER visit on Saturday am, this morning in the playground she told me "we're not going to bother" Great, I feel like telling her before they put an offer in next time, make sure they can afford it and actually want it. Peed off - JUST A TAD!!! Oh well, Estate Agent coming tommorow to take photos, so should be advertised by the weeked with a board etc. wrong time of year, but thats 5 weeks wasted by the other idiots.

And just to think this is only the start of all the stress!!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by foxychic
Hi Mark, we have considered it and indeed are looking at an option just now of us part financing, HOWEVER, the chuffing house has now fallen through after the saga of last week, and ANOTHER visit on Saturday am, this morning in the playground she told me "we're not going to bother" Great, I feel like telling her before they put an offer in next time, make sure they can afford it and actually want it. Peed off - JUST A TAD!!! Oh well, Estate Agent coming tommorow to take photos, so should be advertised by the weeked with a board etc. wrong time of year, but thats 5 weeks wasted by the other idiots.

And just to think this is only the start of all the stress!!

Geese the joys of selling your house.

If it's any help, we sold ours last year on Christmas Eve!

Mark
Old Dec 6th 2006, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

gregevan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can include the VAT on sales as total turnover when applying for a 163?

We're so close to the required $300k and 17.5% would make all the difference!
Old Dec 6th 2006, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

southcavenews is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by gregevan
Hello,

Does anyone know if you can include the VAT on sales as total turnover when applying for a 163?

We're so close to the required $300k and 17.5% would make all the difference!
Just to let you know it's your gross turnover not your net turnover,your gross turnover should include your V.A.T
We have had our State Sponsership passed with our full Gross turnover.
Any further info you require just ask

Good luck
Ian & jacquie
Old Dec 6th 2006, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

gregevan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by southcavenews
Just to let you know it's your gross turnover not your net turnover,your gross turnover should include your V.A.T

Good luck
Ian & jacquie

Thanks so much for that. I've looked at loads of agents websites and most do mention gross turnover, however nothing specific relating to VAT.

We run a small Ltd company and our accounts are submitted to companies house with net T/O. Do you know if you apply with copies of these or can you have your accountant prepare accounts with the gross figure to submit.

Thanks
Graeme
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:25 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

No, not correct I'm afraid.

Accounts prepared in compliance with accounting standards should show business turnover on a net of VAT basis.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by southcavenews

Good luck
Ian & jacquie
Old Dec 8th 2006, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Are the rogues still alive?
Old Dec 9th 2006, 2:13 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wildmark
Are the rogues still alive?
Hi Mark!

Yes, they are indeedy still alive - I spoke to Sarah last eek, they have just moved into their new house, and Craig is mega busy with their new business - things are going great guns for them!!

How about this one?.......

Ok, so my sister is on holiday in Kaula Lumpa at the moment (due to get here next Sat 16th Dec, for two weeks). She phoned me up yesterday to say her boyfriend just proposed to her, and can I arrange her wedding for Christmas Eve (THIS Christmas eve) here in Perth, while they are here on holiday - they go back to the UK on Boxing Day!!! :scared:

We are so excited, it will be the most memerable Christmas ever, and the kiddies are so excited!!!

So, as you can imagine the Vallie household are a bit loopy loo at the moment, giddy with excitment for Christmas and a Wedding!!!

Hope everyones Christmas plans are coming together, its so fab planning Christmas in the sun, I can tell you!!!

ATB

Nicola
Old Dec 9th 2006, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Vallies

So, as you can imagine the Vallie household are a bit loopy loo at the moment,
ATB

Nicola

So nothing new there then?????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.