British State pension query

Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

polsteam is an unknown quantity at this point
Question British State pension query

Can anyone out there give me the answer to this question?
I already know that the british state pension is frozen at the moment we emigrate to Australia,but if after a few years out there I decided to return for ,say a six month visit,would my british pension increase,if so by how much and for how long?
Regards
polsteam
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

cakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant future
Default Re: British State pension query

Originally Posted by polsteam
Can anyone out there give me the answer to this question?
I already know that the british state pension is frozen at the moment we emigrate to Australia,but if after a few years out there I decided to return for ,say a six month visit,would my british pension increase,if so by how much and for how long?
Regards
polsteam
hi,
I believe you can make payments into the britsh sytem whilst in Oz. It will then kepp increasing & thenfrozen at time of retirement in OZ.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Talking Re: British State pension query

Hi

I believe I have read on here previously that if you pay class 2 NI contributions you maintain your entitlement to the state pension. (Not sure about index linking though).

Have a search on BE or look on www.hmrc.gov.uk.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck

AnitaB
Old Jul 28th 2005, 8:17 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

If you return to the UK for a certain amount of time (it may be 6 months), then you will be entitled to the amended state pention (adjusted for inflation). However, there are certain conditions I believe, to try and stop you doing such as thing. I think they are getting wise to the 6 month holiday thing nowadays. Take a look on the inland revenue website (I think - if not it's one of the government sites) and there is a contact number for international queries regarding pensions.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cakeychef
hi,
I believe you can make payments into the britsh sytem whilst in Oz. It will then kepp increasing & thenfrozen at time of retirement in OZ.
Look into the details very carefully before making contributions like this, as depending on circumstances you may get little or no return.

Jeremy