Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

british police clearance certificate in Melbourne

british police clearance certificate in Melbourne

Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light
Default british police clearance certificate in Melbourne

I will apply for australian citizenship in few weeks and I need police clearance certificate from the UK- I had lived in the UK before I came to Australia.
Can I get this document in british consulate in Melbourne? Having checked the website I didn't find any info about this but usually overseas consulates issue this documents.
I can't go to the UK now and wait over one month for PCC, and I remember that 3 years ago I was waiting about 40 days for this document needed for my PR visa.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: british police clearance certificate in Melbourne

Hi

You need to do what it says on this page!

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Costs though....35 pound each I think. Takes a few weeks to come back - we did ours earlier in the year as we had a test booked but then couldn't rebook because of the new test ...grrrrr.

I think they are valid for a year.

KK
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

Conrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of lightConrad242 is a glorious beacon of light

I paid 10 pounds in 2006 at police station in Southend - on - sea and waited about 40 days to get this document. Most of the consulates issues this paper having checked in own countries databases and confirm details. Can british consulate do it too?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 12:50 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Conrad242
I paid 10 pounds in 2006 at police station in Southend - on - sea and waited about 40 days to get this document. Most of the consulates issues this paper having checked in own countries databases and confirm details. Can british consulate do it too?

No, they can't. You need to follow the advice given by Koalakim above.

I had to do the same thing - Had a nightmare dealing with the Met over it.

British Consulates/High Commissions/Embassies do not issue criminal record checks, as they do not have access to the Police National Computer for those purposes. The PNC holds the details of cautions/convictions in the UK, and is used to generate your police check.

S
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The police checks don't have an expiry time provided you don't go back to the UK for a period of more than a year after getting it. There would be no new info to add to it.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Joseph James is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koalakim
Hi

You need to do what it says on this page!

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Costs though....35 pound each I think. Takes a few weeks to come back - we did ours earlier in the year as we had a test booked but then couldn't rebook because of the new test ...grrrrr.

I think they are valid for a year.

KK
We did ours while still in the UK as long as you leave the Uk within 6 months. It took around 2 weeks here but probably longer for Oz. Will be in Melbourne in January 2010.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

I am still not sure if I really need one.
I passed my citizenship test few weeks ago and nobody asked me to provide PCC.
I got my PR visa in April 2007, arrived to Australia to validate it in June 2007, came back to the UK for few months, did last travels across Europe, and arrived to Australia in November 2007.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I got my PR visa in April 2007, arrived to Australia to validate it in June 2007, came back to the UK for few months, did last travels across Europe, and arrived to Australia in November 2007.
No you don't. You only need one if you spent 12 months in the UK between receiving your visa and now. If you haven't then it's not required.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 8:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thats the old subject access check, no longer acceptable to Australia
Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:38 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

How come you were able to apply so quickly? I thought you haad to wait 2 years?

Did you do the new test? I treid the 20 free questions on the website last week and it was bloody hard!!