British Passport Aus born Citizen question

Old Jul 7th 2010, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Passport Aus born Citizen question

Blimey a first for me, a thread on here....I probably should have just PM'd JaJ... .However someone else maybe able to answer.

My Aus born and raised daughter wants to come home, I think she only has a valid British passport though. Will they let her into Aus on a one way ticket... even though she spent the 1st 20 years of her life here ? Can she use her Birth Certificate as proof of entry ?

How hard is it to get an Aus Passport in England, can you renew a lapsed one ? Oh and how much does it cost ?
Old Jul 7th 2010, 9:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Passport Aus born Citizen question

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Blimey a first for me, a thread on here....I probably should have just PM'd JaJ... .However someone else maybe able to answer.

My Aus born and raised daughter wants to come home, I think she only has a valid British passport though. Will they let her into Aus on a one way ticket... even though she spent the 1st 20 years of her life here ? Can she use her Birth Certificate as proof of entry ?

How hard is it to get an Aus Passport in England, can you renew a lapsed one ? Oh and how much does it cost ?
Austrlia will want her to enter on an Aus passport, and the airline won't let her board without proof that Australia will let her in when she gets here.
She "might" get through with just the Birth Cert but it'd certainly mean long delays at Immigration and at Chcek-in.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

See here.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 11:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Very easy to get a new Aus Passport in Britain. She shouldn't have a problem. Last time we renewed the Husband's it arrived very quickly, that was about six years ago though.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Might not be so easy if her old passport has been lapsed two years though - she will need a trip to either London or Edinburgh.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

carolinehumbugs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello i was born in Oz and have live here in uk since i was 3 lots older now got my 1st Oz Passport when i was 16 alway wanted it. Was easy to get with my birth certificate and i have used it over the years.Now at 45 my OH and kids are all going over to live. Its worth doing has my kids got citizenship by descent, all 4 of them have lovely Oz passports. Just waiting for OH visa.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Might not be so easy if her old passport has been lapsed two years though - she will need a trip to either London or Edinburgh.
We went to AHC London each time, get there for about 8.30, doors open at 9. Be done and dusted a little bit later. Won't give a time, you may come back and sue
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks all She wants to be back by her Mums birthday, on the 21st August.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

carolinehumbugs is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks all She wants to be back by her Mums birthday, on the 21st August.
Good Luck
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

She can get an Australian passport in Britain.

HOWEVER, if by "here" you mean the United Kingdom, then is she also a British citizen? And if not, has she thought about the consequences of abandoning her resident status?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JAJ
She can get an Australian passport in Britain.

HOWEVER, if by "here" you mean the United Kingdom, then is she also a British citizen? And if not, has she thought about the consequences of abandoning her resident status?

AFAIK she is a full UK Citizen by right of of me being a UK Citizen ? She got issued the UK passport in Aus.

Aus passport is being sorted in the UK now.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

AFAIK she is a full UK Citizen by right of of me being a UK Citizen ? She got issued the UK passport in Aus.
If she was born in Australia she's a British citizen "by descent" and hence if she has children in Australia, the children won't automatically be British (unless they get citizenship from the other parent).

HOWEVER, any children she has in Aus can be registered British before age 18 if she can show 3 years continuous UK residence (she should collect and keep carefully evidence of this).

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Britis...hip_by_Descent

And specifically, on section 3(2) registration,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/br...en/bornabroad/
Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats really interesting, so thus far she or her offspring have a potential advantage, that her 3 siblings dont have.? (Her 2 sisters and brother have not spent that amount of time in the UK)

Thanks for this Information JAJ.