Bristol/South West Meet!

Old Jan 9th 2005, 8:10 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Bristol/South West Meet!

Originally Posted by hoops
i used to know a few nurses, but that was a long time ago, in my youth

i am a baker and we are trying on a 138 only just this week started the ball rolling

steve
How long have you been a baker...? and are you still doing it now...have you got any bits of paper (exam) relating to your chosen skill...i didnt... have just 9 years experience...bits of paper must make the job of convincing TRA easier thou...
Old Jan 9th 2005, 8:20 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by peppi
How long have you been a baker...? and are you still doing it now...have you got any bits of paper (exam) relating to your chosen skill...i didnt... have just 9 years experience...bits of paper must make the job of convincing TRA easier thou...
i`ll send you a pm we have got off the subject of south west meet a bit

steve
Old Jan 9th 2005, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

boo2 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Bristol/South West Meet!

Hey Steve

Just to let you know that we (Ba and Rach n kids) are also walking distance from the bucket and spade,on treeland side of mead vale!! we`re waiting for our STNI approval and have passed the dreaded TRA, so if you need any help, let us know. PM me though cos don`t want to hijjack this thread.

Cheers Rach
Old Jan 9th 2005, 8:30 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

thanks we haven`t done tra yet it will probably be done mid feb, you say 6 months for that and another 6 months for the application part

do you have a house to sell ? when are you doing that it seems people do it at the same time as the meds does this sound about right, i take it meds are done about 9 months from the tra ?

steve
There are two speeds of TRA assessment the so called quicker one costs twice as much obviously...I opted for slower cheaper one... I sent the stuff off in Feb...it came back end of June beginning of July...I think the quicker one they are quoting 3 months...seems allot of money to save 5 or 6 weeks to me...but then Im tight...and not in a major rush as it were...
God you are going to have to do a bit of reading old threads but in short from July first DIMIA set themselves new targets...So people like me whos application went in before that date where seeing people get med request who'd applied after that date before them...The time scale now seems to be (but please dont quote me) Acknowledgement with week or so of recieving application ( I didnt get mine for about 6 weeks /2 months) Meds seem to be requested about 1 to 2 months after application. Ive seen visas go through in about 5 to 6 months now...I will say with the added complication of being sponsered and the added involvement of centrelink (Oz's social security) It maytake a little longer than a 136 skilled indi visa(they are the ones being done inside 6 months)but not much...centrelink are getting to grips with thier new job(they never were involved before july 1st)

Oh and yes I have a house to sell...but like I said Im in no mad panic so I will not put on the market until I have that visa in my hand...Id hate to sell my house and then have no visa...But then having said that they dont usually ask for meds etc until theres a good chance they are going to let you in...eh
Plus I can afford to validate the visa and come back if I have to...it makes a hell of a difference to your money on exchange rate...so I shall hang out for at least 2.5 on the money that we are taking.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 8:41 pm
Moomin member

i`ll send you a pm we have got off the subject of south west meet a bit

steve
Yep sorry have PM'd you also
Old Jan 9th 2005, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

I am nearly at the end of a 138 visa...so any help I can be of...I'd glad to be...answer questions etc...if I can...

hey Peppi

The Willows and sorting house to go on market tomorrow, where are you heading for and as what? I won't miss the next lot of arguments over the By pass!!!

How near the end are you?

Charlie
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:05 pm
Moomin member

Originally Posted by charlie63
hey Peppi

The Willows and sorting house to go on market tomorrow, where are you heading for and as what? I won't miss the next lot of arguments over the By pass!!!

How near the end are you?

Charlie
We are heading for Perth..my brother lives there...makes life a little easier...Im going on a 138 visa as a screen printer although that is not what I do now...but I am still in the printing trade.

How near the end am I..well I had med requests the 9th of Dec the day after I had done them so they are gone i expect. I have the police checks and other bits and pieces they asked me for downstairs for sending back tomorow...so would anticipate visa in about 6 to 8 weeks from now...I am thinking about putting house on the market. I know it is imminent as is the decorating...! Oh joy...! So fairly near the end...I can almost see the visa in my passport...!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

We are heading for Perth..my brother lives there...makes life a little easier...Im going on a 138 visa as a screen printer although that is not what I do now...but I am still in the printing trade.

How near the end am I..well I had med requests the 9th of Dec the day after I had done them so they are gone i expect. I have the police checks and other bits and pieces they asked me for downstairs for sending back tomorow...so would anticipate visa in about 6 to 8 weeks from now...I am thinking about putting house on the market. I know it is imminent as is the decorating...! Oh joy...! So fairly near the end...I can almost see the visa in my passport...!!!!

we are going to be brave or daft not sure which yet, meds booked for Jan, police checks there already, agent thinks we should be looking at April for the visa's, hope so have job arranged in brisbane and are heading for Bayside to settle. Good luck with the rest of your visa journey

Hope we can all get together

Charlie

P.S. do you work locally or nearer to plymouth?
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:16 pm
Moomin member

[QUOTE=peppi

Im goin to take the bull by the horns...I think someone has to come up with a date for this meet (getting back to the point of the thread)
Next weekend seems to be out for a few people

I think we should propose...Or shall I say...I will propose...the first weekend in Feb...(any other proposals gratefully recieved)gives everyone a few weeks to get sorted...Friday or Saturday makes no difference to me...in the afforementioned pub in Worle Bucket and spade (I think it was) And I appologise to the lady that started this thread..but shes nowhere to be seen at the moment any objections?...no offence meant...

What says everyone else...?
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=peppi][QUOTE=peppi

Im goin to take the bull by the horns...I think someone has to come up with a date for this meet (getting back to the point of the thread)

I think we should propose...Or shall I say...I will propose...the first weekend in Feb...(any other proposals gratefully recieved)gives everyone a few weeks to get sorted...Friday or Saturday makes no difference to me...in the afforementioned pub in Worle Bucket and spade (I think it was) And I appologise to the lady that started this thread..but shes nowhere to be seen at the moment any objections?...no offence meant...

What says everyone else...?[/QUOTE]

Saturday the 5th Feb is sounding good to us in Torquay

How say you all?

Charlie
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:20 pm
Moomin member

we are going to be brave or daft not sure which yet, meds booked for Jan, police checks there already, agent thinks we should be looking at April for the visa's, hope so have job arranged in brisbane and are heading for Bayside to settle. Good luck with the rest of your visa journey

Hope we can all get together

Charlie

P.S. do you work locally or nearer to plymouth?
I work all over the place All of Cornwall,Devon, Somerset and parts of Dorset...so Newtons fairly central to that...sort of.... Job title is service rep/engineer so I have to work at customer premises as it where...
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:23 pm
Moomin member

Saturday the 5th Feb is sounding good to us in Torquay

How say you all?

Charlie
See what everyone else says and try n fix it as a date eh...hopefully..

over to everyone else...???

Shazfrost where are you...?
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:33 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday is easier for me - being an out of towner !!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

nibblo will become famous soon enoughnibblo will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=peppi][QUOTE=peppi

What says everyone else...?[/QUOTE]

Hi everyone
We are ok (work permitting) for 5th Feb - saturdays are better for us.
Hope to meet up soon
Nibblo
Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:55 am
nsw-march 05

shazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant futureshazfrost has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Bristol/South West Meet!

Sorry peppi.. im here..

Cant make 5th Feb unfortunatly.. as its my Birthday .. unless we do it in the afternoon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.