bringing over family

Old Aug 26th 2011, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

fromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nice
Default bringing over family

Hi All,
If my wife's sister emigrates to Oz, does this mean that her mum and dad can automatically move over too? I heard this could be the case and that they will not be denied permanent entry as both daughters would be in Australia. They would have no immediate family left in the UK?

Last edited by fromthetoon; Aug 26th 2011 at 11:05 am.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 11:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bringing over family

Originally Posted by fromthetoon
Hi All,
If my wife's sister emigrates to Oz, does this mean that her mum and dad can automatically move over too? I heard this could be the case and that they will not be denied permanent entry as both daughters would be in Australia. They would have no immediate family left in the UK?
Not quite that simple.

They may be eligible for a parent contributory visa.

They would need to pass the balance of family test, pass the medicals and character requirements and then pay the fees of around $40000 each plus you would need a bond of $14000 as assurance of support.

The wait is around 2 years at present.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

fromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nicefromthetoon is just really nice

Thanks mate, didn't think it would be that difficult or expensive. Perhaps they'll just have to do two visits a year.
Do you know whether they would be able to spend more than 12 weeks here on one visit. I've heard that whilst you're here you can apply for an extention on your stay but not sure how long that can stretch too.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 12:04 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fromthetoon
Thanks mate, didn't think it would be that difficult or expensive. Perhaps they'll just have to do two visits a year.
Do you know whether they would be able to spend more than 12 weeks here on one visit. I've heard that whilst you're here you can apply for an extention on your stay but not sure how long that can stretch too.
It's not difficult.....but it is expensive.

Not sure about visitor's visas but I think they can be longer than 12 weeks

check here:

www.immi.gov.au
Old Aug 27th 2011, 4:41 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
It's not difficult.....but it is expensive.

Not sure about visitor's visas but I think they can be longer than 12 weeks

check here:

www.immi.gov.au
I believe you can get a year's tourist visa if you have evidence of $10,000 per person on the application.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, that sounds much better. I'm assuming the 10k would just be an example of a bank statement and the visa will probably cost quite a bit as well!

Last edited by fromthetoon; Aug 27th 2011 at 5:56 am.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Yes, they will just want to know that they have enough money to support themselves while in Australia. It would also be useful to upload some sort of statement from yourselves to say that you are prepared to offer them accommodation while they are in Oz.

The cost of the visa is just $110 - see here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/tourist.htm

The visa you need is the 676 tourist visa:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/#c
Old Aug 27th 2011, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Great thanks. I'll give them a read over