Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Bridging Visa B after substantive visa refused

Bridging Visa B after substantive visa refused

Old Mar 15th 2018, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

SMRL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bridging Visa B after substantive visa refused

Hi

My partner applied for a 189 visa onshore and was on a Bridging Visa A for the past 14 months. Today her 189 was refused and the letter states 35 days to leave the country. We are developing a strategy for another application; however in the meantime have a very time sensitive query.

She was recently granted a Bridging Visa B to travel back to the US for a family matter and was scheduled to leave on Sunday for ten days. Does anyone know if the BVB would still be valid for returning to Australia before the 35 days expire?

The immi website is clear that the BVA remains in effect for 28 days after a visa refusal but I cannot find any information on theBVB or right to return after refusal and need to resolve this quickly. We have tried contacting immigration but only receive an automated response saying call volumes high try again later.

Any wisdom would be gratefully received

Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2018, 11:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bridging Visa B after substantive visa refused

DoHA is not who to contact. They are not there to give you advice. You need to speak to a MARA registered migration agent for visa advice.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 1:47 am
Just Joined

SMRL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
DoHA is not who to contact. They are not there to give you advice. You need to speak to a MARA registered migration agent for visa advice.
Hi Dorothy

Thanks for replying. The main reason for contacting immigration is primarily to determine current visa status which I (maybe wrongly) guess they can check by looking at their screen. Beyond anything that straightforward I wouldn't trust immi advice on what to have for lunch let alone life changing decisions on visa applications 😀

Thanks again
Old Mar 16th 2018, 3:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SMRL
Hi Dorothy

Thanks for replying. The main reason for contacting immigration is primarily to determine current visa status which I (maybe wrongly) guess they can check by looking at their screen. Beyond anything that straightforward I wouldn't trust immi advice on what to have for lunch let alone life changing decisions on visa applications 😀

Thanks again
Try VEVO for visa statuus
Beyond that, you definitely need professional advice, and I wouldn't be going offshore without it.