Bridging Visa B

Old Apr 7th 2010, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all
Default Bridging Visa B

I am currently on a WHV and have applied for A 487 visa. When my WHV expires I will be on a Bridging Visa A. I am hoping to go back to Ireland in May after the bridging visa has kicked in am wondering how hard it is to get a bridging visa B in order to travel. According to the immigration website you need substantial valid reasons. I haven't been home for 2 years and my brother hasn't been home for over 3 so it would be the first time since he left that the family would be reunited. Would this be enough or would they need a better reason. Has anybody got a bridging visa B recently? Will the fact that the processing times for the visas being extended make them more relaxed about giving out a bridging visa B?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bridging Visa B

Originally Posted by agillick
I am currently on a WHV and have applied for A 487 visa. When my WHV expires I will be on a Bridging Visa A. I am hoping to go back to Ireland in May after the bridging visa has kicked in am wondering how hard it is to get a bridging visa B in order to travel. According to the immigration website you need substantial valid reasons. I haven't been home for 2 years and my brother hasn't been home for over 3 so it would be the first time since he left that the family would be reunited. Would this be enough or would they need a better reason. Has anybody got a bridging visa B recently? Will the fact that the processing times for the visas being extended make them more relaxed about giving out a bridging visa B?
Family is not really a valid reason. Stocking up on Lyons Teabags and Tayto and Irish Cadburys are all much more valid reasons.

I read recently of a few people on bridging visas who applied, they just had to go to DIAC with their passport and got approved no problem, weren't asked too many questions. It was on one of the student visa threads, I think? Do a quick search for "travel on bridging visa" and it should come up.

Keep an eye on Etihad for flight prices ... my sis has used them a few times and finds them good ... no stopover in UK or Europe, just straight(ish!) to Dublin!! (Sydney-Dubai-Dublin)

cheers
shears
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Qantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shears
Keep an eye on Etihad for flight prices ... my sis has used them a few times and finds them good ... no stopover in UK or Europe, just straight(ish!) to Dublin!! (Sydney-Dubai-Dublin)
Etihad actually flies via Abu Dhabi. Or are you referring to Emirates? (sorry to nitpick :P)

As for the BVB, I should think 'visiting family' would be a substantial reason, seeing that the OP hasn't been home in ages. Anecdotally, wife of a colleague got a BVB for their family vacation to Phuket... now to me that's not really a 'substantial' reason. Maybe she just got an extremely generous DIAC agent though. Another friend got hers to go back to Malaysia as the surgery she required was cheaper back home - now that is a 'substantial' reason.

Last edited by Qantasflyer; Apr 8th 2010 at 12:34 am.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all

Cheers for the replies.

I am hoping to go a couple of days after the Bridging Visa A is granted due to work being busy and not being able to get time off after this until probably around the end of the year. I am jusr worried that if I go ahead and book tickets now that I will be refused the Bridging Visa B and will have wasted $2000 on tickets home and if I book the flights the week that I leave then the price of flights will most likely be alot more expensive...plus I would need to let work know what dates I need holidays!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Qantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers for the replies.

I am hoping to go a couple of days after the Bridging Visa A is granted due to work being busy and not being able to get time off after this until probably around the end of the year. I am jusr worried that if I go ahead and book tickets now that I will be refused the Bridging Visa B and will have wasted $2000 on tickets home and if I book the flights the week that I leave then the price of flights will most likely be alot more expensive...plus I would need to let work know what dates I need holidays!
Airlines are usually able to refund air tickets on even the most inflexible of fares if you're denied visas to enter the destination country. IMO being denied a BVB is just an extension of that and they'd be rather churlish if they deem a BVB denial ineligible for refund. You're best to speak to a travel agent (as, barring maybe Fright Centre staff, most have more clue than the average airline call centre operator) directly however.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the replies.

The Bridging Visa A (BVA) was granted to you the day you applied for the 487 visa - So you are the holder of a BVA and a Working Holiday Visa (WHV) although the BVA does not "come into effect" until the WHV expires/ceases.

To apply and be granted a BVB, you need to be the holder of a BVA and have good reason for the trip - it does not matter that the BVA has not yet kicked in. Family re-union may be enough reason.

Regards

Tony
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshtony
The Bridging Visa A (BVA) was granted to you the day you applied for the 487 visa - So you are the holder of a BVA and a Working Holiday Visa (WHV) although the BVA does not "come into effect" until the WHV expires/ceases.

To apply and be granted a BVB, you need to be the holder of a BVA and have good reason for the trip - it does not matter that the BVA has not yet kicked in. Family re-union may be enough reason.

Regards

Tony
Cheers Tony,

I didn't realise that I got the bridging visa as soon as the application was lodged.I thought my WHV had to expire in order to get it.My migration agent seems to think I still had to wait til my BVA kicked in to apply for a BVB.
I think I'll just try and apply for the BVB and see what happens.

Thanks

Adrian
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:28 am
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough

I am in the same position as you agillick, and so was wondering if your visa got approved? how did you contact DIAC?

Just by the online form thing? or did you perosnally go in and ask them? Im on a bridging visa A too, waiting for my 487 to come through ( long bloody wait!!) until Sep 2011, so only visiting home for funerals/illnesses seems a tad harsh, not sure what the outcome will be- and do they ask for proof of illnesses?

Im going home in July hopefully for 3 weeks, but a bit unsure of the outcome.
Please let me know when you do!
Laura
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missapps
I am in the same position as you agillick, and so was wondering if your visa got approved? how did you contact DIAC?

Just by the online form thing? or did you perosnally go in and ask them? Im on a bridging visa A too, waiting for my 487 to come through ( long bloody wait!!) until Sep 2011, so only visiting home for funerals/illnesses seems a tad harsh, not sure what the outcome will be- and do they ask for proof of illnesses?

Im going home in July hopefully for 3 weeks, but a bit unsure of the outcome.
Please let me know when you do!
Laura
Hopefully they will take pity on us and grant us the BVB because of the long wait for the visa to be processed

As far as I know you actually have to go in person and show your passport in order to get it approved.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:16 am
Just Joined

bantis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully they will take pity on us and grant us the BVB because of the long wait for the visa to be processed

As far as I know you actually have to go in person and show your passport in order to get it approved.
I got my Bridging Visa B couple of days ago...took less than 10 mins to get it over the counter...no fuss...i am going for my cousin's wedding....
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bantis
I got my Bridging Visa B couple of days ago...took less than 10 mins to get it over the counter...no fuss...i am going for my cousin's wedding....
Thats good news mate!Hopefully they will give me one that easy too. Did you have to show proof of wedding such as an invite or anything like that?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest, some friends went to Brissy immigration centre today for bridging visa B. They were wanting to be away for 3 months, and mentioned they were a bit concerned that they were a bit worried they might go over 3 months if their flight back was delayed. No problem were give visa for 97 days, to give them several days leeway.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Thats good news mate!Hopefully they will give me one that easy too. Did you have to show proof of wedding such as an invite or anything like that?
Yeah..she had a quick glance of my invitation card...i think just to check the dates..
Old Apr 17th 2010, 1:13 am
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough

So you really do have to go in person? you cant send it in and do it online if you live in the middle of the desert like me??!!!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missapps
So you really do have to go in person? you cant send it in and do it online if you live in the middle of the desert like me??!!!
You can send the application by post as well....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.