Bricklayer needing help

Old Aug 31st 2012, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

stevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nice
Default Bricklayer needing help

Hi, I am currently in Australia on my second working holiday visa. Which states can I apply for state sponsorship? i know WA is off the list and when I try to open the PDF file from the goverment website my laptop closes down. Or does anybody have any advice they can offer me? My boss is unable to sponsor me so thats out the question.

I am going to a down under expo in Perth next weekend and hopefully discuss my options with agents etc that will be there to get information/advice just seeing if any of you kind folks can help.

Thanks
Steve
Old Aug 31st 2012, 12:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bricklayer needing help

Here are the links to all the State websites.

Australian Capital Territory.
New South Wales
Northern Territory.
Queensland.
South Australia
Tasmania.
Victoria
Western Australia.

Old Aug 31st 2012, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You won't find it on any list because bricklayer is no longer on the SOL or CSOL and thus is not eligible for skilled migration.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 2:14 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You won't find it on any list because bricklayer is no longer on the SOL or CSOL and thus is not eligible for skilled migration.
Bricklayer is on the CSOL schedule two.

OP, Tasmania will sponsor bricklayers, but their information hasn't been updated. They're still referring to 475/176! Western Australia still have spaces for bricklayer sponsorship (I don't see where you've seen it as being off-list through WA). Northern Territory also sponsor brickies. ACT do sponsor them, but are closed to that occupation at the moment. South Australia have high availability for sponsorship.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Sep 1st 2012 at 2:16 am.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

stevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nice
Default WA State Sponsorship

Hi, quick question... I'm a bricklayer and my girlfriend is a hairdresser. We are both qualified and have our papers. We're on working holiday visa's and have 9 months left so plenty of time. Employer sponsorship doesn't interest either of us at this moment in time but state sponsorship does as it gives you the freedom of moving jobs if you feel.

According to the WA Immigration website Bricklayer and hairdresser are 'available' but word around is bricklayer came of the list on July 1st? So I'm a bit confussed?

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skill...sindemand.aspx

We have a meeting with a immigration agent on Tuesday to discuss our options but wondering if anybody on here can give me a heads up?

Thanks
Steve
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:44 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WA State Sponsorship

Originally Posted by stevewales25
Hi, quick question... I'm a bricklayer and my girlfriend is a hairdresser. We are both qualified and have our papers. We're on working holiday visa's and have 9 months left so plenty of time. Employer sponsorship doesn't interest either of us at this moment in time but state sponsorship does as it gives you the freedom of moving jobs if you feel.

According to the WA Immigration website Bricklayer and hairdresser are 'available' but word around is bricklayer came of the list on July 1st? So I'm a bit confussed?

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skill...sindemand.aspx

We have a meeting with a immigration agent on Tuesday to discuss our options but wondering if anybody on here can give me a heads up?

Thanks
Steve
Threads merged. The answer hasn't changed since the last time you asked.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...3#post10256813

Also, regarding freedom of movement with state sponsorship - you would still be required to stay within the state, in non-metropolitan areas, for two years.

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Oct 21st 2012 at 10:12 am. Reason: Merging threads.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Jonandonna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi steve im also a bricklayer and have been told that bricklayers are on the WA list . As you are already out there whats the situation on work is there alot of demand
Cheers mate
Jon